2

Brendon

You've got two black eyes from loving too hard. "Brendon! Snap out of it!" Sarah had snapped at me as I looked up at her. I blinked a few times before rubbing my face with both hands, a soft sigh escaping my lips. "I'm sorry, I'm just really tired." I had said in brutal dishonesty. I wasn't tired. I was fully rested, in fact. But, Sarah slowly was becoming more of a friend than a lover in my eyes. Lonely moments just get lonelier, the longer your in love. "Brendon! Please, listen to me. I'm not explaining this again!" And, once again my eyes shifted towards her.

"We have a party we need to get to. We have to get moving, you can't sit here drinking all day." Sarah's big blue eyes looked at me begging for me to listen. She put a hand on my cheek and ran her thumb under my eye. "I beg you." She said softly, in a shaken tone. "I'll go get dressed, please don't worry." I said as I had slowly stood up. The unsatisfied look on Sarah proved that she didn't trust my words nor actions. She knew I was going to lock myself up in my room and play video games and listen to my favorite bands. But, I knew that I wasn't going to fool her. I tipped my beer back, taking a long swing from it while keeping eye contact.

The frown had grown. Her eyebrows had furrowed to complete her hard and annoyed face. "You know what, Brendon?" Her voice was practically dripping with venom. Her eyes seemed to grow darker. "You can do this all you want, this is your last pass. If you do this one more time, I swear to you, I will divorce you." Sarah had spat before she had stomped out of the room and slammed it behind her.

"What's. New." Brendon had hissed while he took yet another swig.