19

Brendon

She had slapped me.

She had slapped me so hard I had nearly fallen back.

I had pursed my lips before crossing my arms and sitting down by her. I sighed and rubbed my forehead after a moment, my eyes not turning up to meet her. "I can explain it all, can we just get up? Go for a walk?" I had kept my eyes on the ground and after a couple moments I saw her stand. I quickly stood myself up and smiled slightly. She hadn't looked over at me, and it was obvious she wasn't amused.

Understandable.

I had walked up to reach her side and then set my hands into my pockets. It was silent, all you could hear were our shoes hitting the concrete and the wind howling. "Why'd you do it?" She had broken the silence. I had looked over at her, my heart racing slightly. After a couple of moments she had looked over at me, her face twisted into a hard and hurt look. I had cleared my throat gently and looked down. 

"I don't know." I had said with a bit of hesitation in my voice. She had stopped walking and roughly grabbed my arm. "Why'd you do it! You know why! Don't you dare keep lying to me!" She had shouted, and the few faces that were on the streets had looked at us. I had began walking slowly, and she had followed, waiting for an answer. "Sarah and I...We just.. Don't click anymore.. You know?" I had said gently before clearing my throat. Her face was still hard and didn't seem to have any peace of mind given to her from what I had said. She had shook her head. "That's not okay. It doesn't justify you flirting with me just for fun!" She had shouted. My eyes had widened as I had noticed people looking at the two of us. I had swallowed nervously before I turned back towards her.

"I wasn't toying with you. I meant what I said." I had said gently before swallowing hard. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, and she must've noticed how pale I must've gotten. "Why- Why not just be honest?" She had asked, her brows furrowed and her eyes still tainted with pain. I looked at her for a moment before looking around, a hurt laugh escaping my mouth. "How would I be honest?" I began before shaking my head and walking in a circle. "Hey! My name's Brendon! I have a wife, but whatever, right? Date me?" I had scoffed and covered my face for a moment. She had laughed a little, a sad sound. 

"Look, Brendon. I need some time, please." She had said with a frown. I looked at her and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah I get it." I had said with a sad smile before I had let her walk away, her head hanging low.

I hurt her badly.