Without You

Uncle Hakuseki's P.O.V.

I sighed tiredly while running a hand through my tangled mess of hair.

(YN)'s been unconscious ever since the incident in the alleyway. It's been nearly three months now and she has yet to stir even once. It was worrying but the medical nin said she'd wake up eventually so that was good at least.

During these past few months Kankuro and Temari would come at least two times a week to check on (YN) when they had the chance.

Gaara on the other hand, would try to come as much as possible. It got to the point where the Kazekage had to get involved and told Gaara he could only see her once or twice a week.

When Gaara was able to come and see (YN); he would just silently sit in the chair beside her bed.

I remember around a week ago; I left the hospital room to use the bathroom and when I came back I found Gaara with his face buried in the blankets on (YN)'s chest.

He was full on sobbing while occasionally choking out between sobs how he wished she would wake up and how he missed playing with her.

It was really sad to watch actually. It about made me cry because I too wish (YN) would wake up. But I also felt a little conflicted about what would when she awoke because of what Lord Kazegake had told me...

~Flashback to three months ago. When the Lord Kazekage brought (YN) to the hospital after her incident~

Lord Kazekage had called me to speak to him in his office after he brought (YN) to the hospital. I assumed it was because he was going to tell me about what happened to her.

Just the thought of (YN) being in the hospital though caused me to increase my pace as I quickly made my way to his office. I wanted to get this over with so I could check on her.

After reaching his office I knocked on the door, awaiting him to give me the okay to come in.

"Come in."

Opening the door I took a step in and made my way over to the chair in front of his desk.

"I've called you hear to speak about what happened to (YN) and to discuss some other things concerning her."  Lord Kazekage stated getting straight to the point as he gestured for me to set in the chair in front of his desk.

'What other things are there to talk about?' I thought as I sat down in the chair. I then opened my mouth to voice my question but stopped when the Kazekage held his hand up to silence me.

"We'll get to the other things concerning (YN) later. For now I want ask you some questions." The Kazekage said neatly folding his hands together on top of the desk as he gave me a calculative look.

"Do you know anything about the Fenikkusu's clan's fire jutsu?"

I swallowed anxiously at the sudden question not really expecting it.

"I've heard the stories before... how they can use their chakra alongside that of the Firebird's chakra that makes its home inside of them... but their clan's jutsu was sealed off from them long ago by an enemy clan in their village."

The Kazekage nodded at the information I told him while glancing to the side in thought.

"When I found (YN) in that alleyway she was surrounded by blue chakra and blue flames. She was about to say something to me before she collapsed to the ground. She then started to scream in pain as a bird like creature covered in blue fire began to emerge from her back. I could sense her life force draining the more the Firebird emerged from her so I quickly performed a sealing jutsu on her." The Kazekage said returning his eyes back to me.