Bad Things

You yawned sleepily as you walked up the stairs to your bedroom. It was about mid day but you were already tired.

You were so tired due to having to wake up early for a mission. The mission had consisted of you and your team helping an elderly woman weed her garden. It had required you to wake up around 5:00 and ended up lasting till around 11:00. The heat combined with the long hours of gardening had completely exhausted you.

'Mh I can't wait to sleep.' You thought tiredly as you walked into your room. You shut and locked the door behind you before making your way to the bed.

You flopped over onto it and let out a satisfied sigh.

'It feels so nice to lay down after working out in the hot sun all day.' You thought with a content smile as you sleepily closed your eyes. Not long after, you found yourself deep within the throws of a dream or rather a memory.

'Your small form ran down the dark streets of Konoha towards the forest. Tears blurred your vision causing you to stumble every once in awhile.

Through the stumbling and tears you somehow made it to the forest. You ran through the trees and vegetation until suddenly toppling over onto the ground.

You had tripped over yourself and roughly landed on your knees in the middle of field. Paying the pain no mind you brought your hands up to your face. You quietly weeped into them as your body shook with each sob.

"Are you alright?" Came a familiar voice after you had been wiping for a while. After the person spoke they quietly sat down in the grass beside you.

"No." You choked out between sobs not even bothering to look at the person beside you.

"What happened?" Came the person's voice again as they gently placed their hand on your back.

You didn't say anything you only shook your head as you continued to cry in your hands

"Shh...It's alright. You're okay." Came the person voice again as they began comfortingly rubbing circles around your back in an attempt to soothe you. With the help of the person beside you your sobbing began to die down.

Wiping the last remaining tears away from your eyes you looked up at the person beside you.

"Thank you Itachi." You softly said as you gazed up at said male.

"Of course..." Itachi said before going silent as he watched you for a few moments.

"Why were you crying?"

You stiffed slightly at his question and looked towards the ground.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Itachi then added noticing your change in behavior.

"No...it's alright. I just...had a nightmare is all." You said as you brought your legs up to your chest. You then placed your head atop your knees and looked out towards the forest.

"Oh...What was it about?" Itachi asked.

You didn't say anything in response for the longest time. You just silently watched as the sky changed from dark blue to orange and pink as the sun began to rise.

"It was about my family." You suddenly said as you turned your head to look at Itachi. He was staring at you with a calculating gaze.

"Your family before you came here you mean?"

"Yea..."

"What happened to them?"

You stared at Itachi suddenly feeling quite anxious. You knew he was no longer asking about your nightmare anymore.