Tea of Awkwardness

After the tracker ninja disappeared with Zabuza you all began to make your way towards Tazuna's house. Along the way though, Kakashi ended up passing out and had to be carried for the rest of the journey.

By the time you all arrived at Tazuna's house it was near sundown. The daughter of Tazuna, who you later found out was named Tsunami was outside when you arrived. When she finally noticed all of you, she came rushing over. Tsunami gave Tazuna a quick hug and exchanged a few words with him before proceeding to usher all of you into the house. She then began to guide all of you to rooms where you could sleep for the night.

She gave Kakashi his own room to sleep in since he was injured and gave the rest of you a room to share. The boys slept on one side of the room while you, Sakura, and Sumire-sensei slept on the other side.

They didn't have any beds to spare so you all had to use the portable futons you brought to sleep on. You didn't really mind though, you were too eager for sleep to complain anyways. So immediately after setting up your futon you went to sleep. You didn't even bother changing into your night clothes, you were just too worn out to do so.

After falling asleep you slept for several hours until slowly beginning to wake up from your peaceful state. Tiredly rubbing your eyes you sluggishly sat up from your futon. You tiredly glanced around the room at everyone's sleeping forms before your eyes finally found the window. The sky was a blueish gray which meant that the sun was just now beginning to rise.

Sighing quietly at this you began to stretch out your stiff arms. It caused a bit of pain though due to your arms being sore from yesterday's fight. Trying to ignore the soreness you quietly stood up from your futon. You then quietly left the room in search of a bathroom.

Silently wandering around the dimly lit halls you found yourself in what looked to be a dining room.
Frowning at this you turned around to leave but stopped as a low whistle came from the next room over.

'What the heck is that?' You wondered in confusion as you quietly stepped into the room. Looking over the room you found it to be a small kitchen. On top of one of the counter's was a tea pot and beside the tea pot was a familiar woman.

"Tsunami?" You questioned causing said woman to jump.

"Oh! You scared me." Tsunami scolded as she looked back at you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I was just trying to find the bathroom." You said apologetically.

"It's okay, the bathroom is just down the hallway from here. Before you go, would you like some tea?" Tsunami asked, causing you stop in exiting the kitchen.

You thought about her offer for a moment. You didn't really like tea too much but you don't want to be rude so you nodded your head. Tsunami smiled at this and poured a cup of tea before handing it to you.

"Thank you...Hey umm do you mind if I take a quick shower while I'm in the bathroom?" You asked as you took the cup of warm tea from her.

"Oh no I don't mind at all. Tell me if you need anything else." Tsunami said as she poured herself a cup of tea too. She then proceeded to take a sip of it before looking at you expectantly.

'Shoot...She's waiting for me to try it.' You thought with a slight frown before you began adjusting your mask. Once your mask was moved up enough so that only your mouth was exposed you took a hesitant sip of the tea. A slightly sweet nutty flavor filled your mouth causing your eyes to slowly widen.

'This is different...it's nothing like the other teas I've tried...I actually kind of like it.' You thought in pleasant surprise as you continued to happily drink the tea. You then stopped as you heard a gentle laugh coming from Tsunami.