Chakra Strings

"Hey (YN)! We're going out to Ichiraku ramen to celebrate passing the first exam, wanna come?" Naruto asked excitedly as the two of you walked out of the academy with your teams.

"Yea all three of you should come, it'll be fun." Sakura added with a smile.

"Sure! Sounds like fun." You grinned as Kurai and Razan nodded in agreement with you.

"Hey Sasuke, are you coming too?" You then asked looking towards the male who had been silent thus far.

He glanced towards you in acknowledgment before looking past you at something. Following his gaze you saw a tall figure walking towards all of you. As the figure got closer you recognized them as your uncle Gyo.

"Ah I'm sorry guys but (YN) can't go out to dinner with you all tonight. I already had plans to train with her after the first exam was over." Your uncle Gyo said coming to stand in front of all of you.

'I don't remember that...' You frowned in thought as Naruto huffed in irritation at your uncle.

"That makes no sense! Why would you even want to train now? It's getting late." Naruto complained.

"It's only 5:00 pm Naruto." Your uncle sighed as he turned his attention to you.

"Don't you remember me telling you this morning that we were suppose to train after the exam?"

You frowned at this, searching your brain for any such memory. Your eyes then widened as the memory came rushing back.

"Oh yea! I remember now! I forgot haha." You laughed in embarrassment as Naruto turned towards you.

"But what about going out for ramen?"

You frowned at the disappointed tone in Naruto's voice as he looked off to the side with a frown.

"Hey it's okay Naruto. You and I can always have ramen together some other time." You offered trying to make Naruto feel better.

"So like a date?" Naruto asked perking up.

You stopped at this, mildly shocked by his words as you opened your mouth to respond. You were abruptly cut off though by an irritated individual.

"Idiot, she meant as friends." Sasuke said flatly while your uncle frowned deeply at Naruto.

"Huh?! How do you know she meant that?!"

"She wouldn't date someone like you. That's how I know." Sasuke stated with narrowed eyes.

"Oh yea?! And you think she'd date a jerk like you?!" Naruto growled out as he glared back at Sasuke.

Your uncle sighed in annoyance at this as he roughly smacked their heads together.

"Stop fighting. It doesn't matter if she'd date either of you or not because she's not allowed to date. She's still too young for that kind of stuff." Your uncle said firmly while Naruto and Sasuke rubbed their pained foreheads. Meanwhile you and your teammates were just staring at their exchange with wide eyes.

"Tch...I never said anything about me dating..." Sasuke glowered before walking off with his hands in his pockets. Naruto on the other hand was grumbling and complaining about how annoying your uncle was.

Your uncle simply ignored him though and turned his attention towards you.

"Right, sorry about that but they were wasting time that should have been spent on walking. We only have about 20 minutes to get to the third training ground now." Your uncle explained.

"O-oh uh okay..." You said somewhat awkwardly trying to brush off what had just happened as you turned towards your friends.

"Well see you tomorrow guys." You said with a small wave.