Bells and Shuriken Part 2

Sumire-sensei quickly jumped out of the way of the oncoming projectiles, narrowly dodging them.

As soon as she dodged the attack more shuriken flew threw the air towards her.

"Sensei!" You yelled as two of the shuriken hit Sumire-sensei in the side.

Quickly standing you immediately rushed to Sumire-sensei's side in worry. Just as you reached her, her body disappeared into a puff of smoke, leaving behind a log with shuriken in it.

'Oh good, she used the replacement jutsu.' You thought relieved that Sumire-sensei wasn't actually hurt.

"Tch, she's pretty good." An annoyed voice said causing you to look in the direction it came from.

"Well she is a jonin after all." You stated as the owner of the voice revealed themselves to be Razan.

"Right. She and Kakashi-sensei are both Jonin—elite ninja. While we are just genin." Razan said as he began walking towards you.

"Yea, I know...so what are you trying to get at?"

"What I'm trying to say is we have little to no chance of getting those bells." Razan said momentarily pausing before adding, "Well I have a higher chance than you at getting them but that's besides the point."

"What's that suppose to mean?" You asked feeling slightly irritated by the red head's condescending remark.

"Come on, face it already. I just have more skill than you as a ninja." Razan said with a casual shrug.

Your eye twitched in annoyance at Razan's comment. His attitude was beginning to get on your nerves.

"Anyways as I was saying, it's near impossible for us to get the bells by ourselves. Which is why I think we should work together to get them." Razan suggested as he stopped walking in front of you.

You stared blankly at Razan.
'Did he seriously just ask to work together after downplaying all my skills literally moments ago.' You thought dumbfounded.

"Well say something." Razan urged.

"No."

"No? Why no?" Razan asked with confusion and annoyance lacing his words.

"Because you literally just downplayed all of my skills as a ninja then asked if I wanted to work with you. Who does that?" You said still in slight disbelief from his previous question.

"Tch fine, whatever. I'll just go find Kurai and work with him then." Razan said irritatedly before stalking off into the forest.

You didn't say anything in response instead you chose to ignore him. It would do you no good fighting with him anyways. So you simply turned around and made your way to the trees. Once reaching the edge of the clearing you hopped up into a nearby tree branch. You then began hopping from tree to tree.

As you traveled through the trees you began slowing down until you had completely stopped on the branch of a nearby pine tree. You adjusted yourself on the thin branch before glancing around at the surrounding forest.

As you took in the scenery around you, you suddenly stiffened as a scream echoed throughout the forest.

'Was that Sakura?' You thought as you stared in the direction the scream came from.

'Maybe Razan was right about working together.' You then thought as you cautiously began making your way towards the source of the scream.

As you silently made your way through the trees you stopped at a sudden sound. Peeking between the leaves of the tree you were in you saw Naruto. He was hanging upside down from a tree in the main clearing of the training grounds.