Laughter

"Hey Kurai, you got your application form for the chunin exams with you right?" You questioned the brunet who was walking in between you and Razan.

"Huh? Oh right the form Sumire-sensei gave use a couple days ago." Kurai said scratching the side of his head.

"Yea I have it. You guys remembered to bring yours right?"

"Yup I got it. I'm really excited about participating in the exams." You grinned.

"Well don't get too excited, the likelihood of us actually becoming chunin is low and the exams can be dangerous." Razan added as he absentmindedly rubbed his bruised nose.

"Well aren't you negative..." You mumbled as Kurai glanced to the red head beside him.

"Why are you all of the sudden so negative about the exams? You were the first to actually sign the application form."

"I'm just being realistic." Razan sighed glancing to the side.

"Nothing we can do about it now anyways. Our first exam is in an hour."

Kurai nodded before changing the subject to something lighter as the three of you continued your walk to the academy for the exams. Once reaching the academy the three of you went inside and began looking for room 301.

"That must be the room over there." You pointed to a group of people standing in front of a door. Kurai nodded as the three of you walked over to the door.

"We're here for the chunin exams, mind moving?" Kurai asked the two boys who were standing in front of the door.

"Yea we do mind. If you want to get in this room you have to get through us first." The boy with the blue head band over his hair said while the one with the bandages on his face nodded in agreement.

"If you can't get through us you don't stand a chance in the exams."

Kurai sighed at this preparing his response but stopped when Razan turned towards the two of you.

"Hey don't these two look familiar?" Razan whispered.

Come to think of it those two boys did remind you of some people you meet before. You weren't sure who exactly but something about them was eerily familiar.

"Yea they do...who do you think they are?"

"Well they're obviously from our village and they look to be around the same age as us so they are most likely here for the chunin exams too...but if they are here for the exams then why are they guarding the door like this?" Razan questioned glancing back to the two boys who were watching the three of you.

"Yea that is a bit weird...Maybe they were asked to do this to get rid of some of the competition?"

"Exactly. I think this was deliberately set up by our superiors for that exact purpose...and more so I think they're using a genjutsu so that it seems like we're on the right floor...after all, I recall only walking up two flights of stairs not three." Razan added causing you and Kurai to widen your eyes in realization.

"That makes sense...I thought it seemed weird when we first walked in here and turns out that was because of a genjutsu." Kurai nodded thoughtfully.

"Well lets go find the right room then." You grinned turning to Razan.

"For someone who acts so immature sometimes you're pretty smart." You said causing Razan to narrow his red eyes into an annoyed glare.

"Says the toddler."

"I'm not a toddler you fricken raisin."

"Tch right I'm sorry, you're a fetus." Razan smirked as the three of you began walking up a flight of stairs to the third floor.