Troublesome

A/N

I was wandering, do you guys prefer longer or shorter chapters?

Oh and btw I messed up a very important detail in Bells and Shuriken part 2 so I went back a revised it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hummed quietly to yourself as you walked down the streets of Konoha. You had about a hour until the mission began so you were currently wasting time. As you wondered around the streets  you observed as villagers began setting up for the day. Many of them were setting up small booths where they sold their produce.

Amidst the villagers setting things up was a familiar figure. Their back was to you but you immediately recognized their spiky black hair pulled up into a ponytail.

Grinning, you made your way towards them.

"You're up pretty earlier Shikamaru." You acknowledged as you came up beside said male.

"(YN)?" Shikamaru said surprised as he tilted his head to look at you.

"The one and only~" You said as you gave a closed eyed smile to your lazy friend.

"So why are you up so early? You usually aren't awake at this time." You added while opening your eyes back up.

"Oh believe me if I could I'd still be asleep but my troublesome mother woke me up to go get her some fresh vegetables to make for breakfast." Shikamaru said while turning his eyes back to the vender in front of him.

"Ah that sucks." You said as you too looked to the vender. They were just now placing vegetables onto their booth.

"Yea you're telling me. It's such a drag." Shikamaru complained as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

You softly laughed at his response causing him to look at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Ah Shikamaru. You say everything's a drag." You teased with a playful gleam in your eyes.

He sighed at this while momentarily glancing up to the sky. He then turned back to you with a slight smirk on his face.

"You only think that because you're also a drag." He said his smirk growing a bit.

"Well I guess I'll just go then since you think I'm such a drag." You retorted grinning slightly as you turned to walk away.

"Huh? Wait you uh—you don't have to leave. I was just joking." Shikamaru quickly said in recovery as he began to take a small step towards you.

"Haha I know you were just joking but I really do need to get going. I have a mission." You said glancing back to Shikamaru who had a flustered look on his face.

You waved goodbye to him before turning back around. As you walked away you found yourself drifting off into thought. As you mulled over random thoughts you suddenly perked up at the sound of your name.

"(YN)! There you are!" Came a familiar voice from ahead of you. Looking up you found the owner of the voice to be Naruto.

'Huh? I didn't even realize that I had already reached the front gates.' You thought glancing behind Naruto to the gates.

"Boy am I glad you're here." Naruto began as he started walking with you towards your teammates.

"Oh really?" You asked with a small smile tugging at the corner of your lips.

"Yea, believe it! They're all just being so boring." Naruto complained as he stuck his thumb out towards your's and his squads.

You chuckled softly while shaking your head as the two of you came up beside your squads. Luckily everybody was already there—even Kakashi had shown up on time.