Reckless

Blood rushed to your head as you quickly stumbled to your feet as Saito began running towards you.

As he got closer he began throwing shuriken. Instinctively, you reached into your weapons pouch, pulling out your last kunai just in time to deflect the oncoming weapons.

However, you were unprepared for what Saito did next. He flung himself towards you; effectively trapping you against the wall of the arena. He had a forearm against your neck and a hand on your wrist that contained your kunai.

"Try and head butt me now." He sneered squeezing your wrist until you dropped your kunai to the ground.

You laughed at Saito's response before coughing as he pressed his arm into your throat.

"Give up murder. It's over"

"Never." You choked out, struggling for breath as your body immediately went into panic mode at the lack of oxygen. Acting on pure instinct, you then violently swung your knee into Saito's crotch.

Groaning, the dark haired male stumbled back as he instinctively bent over in pain. As Saito processed his pain you chanced it and glanced towards the stands where your friends were watching.

Your heart jumped in your throat as you stared at them. Their eyes all swirled with many different emotions and you were scared of what they now thought of you. As you watched, your eyes trailed over to Naruto.

His blue eyes were a mixture of confusion and disbelief as they stared back at you. Your throat and chest tightened in response and you looked away just as Naruto's eyes widened in fear.

"(YN) Look out!"

Several voices yelled as a sharp pain enveloped your lower abdomen. Your breath faltered as electric shocks traveled throughout your body, leaving burning sensations in their wake.

As the pain grew, so did the warmth in your abdomen and you soon found your hand clutching the cool handle of a kunai. Gripping the handle, you gasped in pain and fear as blood began trickling onto your hand.

As the pain grew you found your gaze moving towards Saito who was watching the blood with wide eyes. His hands shook slightly as he made eye contact with you.

The two of you silently stared at each other before Saito seemed to finally gain control over himself and he spoke.

"You lose."

You blinked looking back to your wound. It wasn't too deep but it was bleeding a lot. If you didn't forfeit you ran the possibility of loosing too much blood and dying but you'd rather die than lose to Saito.

He had bullied and antagonized you as a child and somehow he had found out about your past and attempted to use it to destroy your reputation and friendships. You didn't know what his agenda behind doing this was but what you did know was that you didn't want to lose to someone like him. You didn't want to lose to someone who took joy in hurting others.

With this thought in mind, you looked back down to the kunai in your stomach. The pain was somewhat dulled due to your adrenaline but the blood was still slowly flowing out of the wound. If you didn't do something now you knew the proctor of the third exam would intervene in order to prevent your death.

So without a second thought you impulsively ripped the kunai out of your abdomen and threw it towards Saito's leg as a distraction. You then quickly reached for the kunai that Saito had forced out of your hands earlier.

"You idiot! You're going to bleed out!"

A voice shouted but you ignored them along with the blood that was now flowing more freely from your wound. The pain it caused intensified as you jumped towards Saito who had barely dodged the kunai you had thrown at him.

As you crashed into Saito the two of you fell to the ground with you landing on-top of him. Quickly, you sat up and dug your knees into his elbows to keep him from moving as you held your kunai to his throat and a hand to your mouth in preparation to use your firestyle jutsu.

Truth be told, you had done no hand signs to preform any jutsus but Saito didn't know that and you were going to use that to your advantage.

"You're crazy." Saito grunted glancing down to his throat and then back up to your hand.

"If you use your fire style jutsu then we both die."

"Then accept defeat and we both live." You replied through strained teeth as you tried to ignore the pain in your stomach.

"Or don't and we both die." You added pressing your kunai into his neck.

Saito glared back at you, searching your eyes for any hint that you were bluffing before smirking slightly.

"Fine then. Kill me and show everyone who you really are."

You sighed at this before raising your kunai into the air. Saito flinched; closing his eyes in preparation for the weapon that would never come. Instead the kunai clanged to the ground beside Saito's head; causing his eyes to snap open.

"I'm not a killer and I don't know what happened in your past to make you so obsessed with mine but I'm sorry for it anyways." You murmured lowering your hand from your mouth and slowly standing up.

Your head pounded from the movement and you wobbled slightly as you stared down at Saito. He remained completely still as he silently watched you.

You stared back at him before flinching as the wound in your abdomen began throbbing. Pressing a hand to the wound you looked towards a cloud of smoke that appeared beside the two of you.

As you watched the smoke you moved your hand away from your wound, accidentally causing some blood to fall onto a cut on Saito's arm. You and Saito flinched at this, watching as your blood faintly steamed upon contact with the wound. Once the small amount of steam disappeared there was no mark left upon his skin. In fact the cut was completely gone.

"What the..." You murmured in confusion before looking back towards the cloud of smoke. It had dispersed to reveal Hayate who was now watching the two of you.

"To avoid deaths I am going to end this fight now. The battle ended with (YN) pinning you down Saito. This could be considered as winning but you never officially accepted defeat nor were you completely beaten into submission. At this point the two of you couldn't fight for much longer and if allowed to continue the outcome would be too costly. With this in mind, I am going to concluded the battle as a draw. In other words neither of you win. If either of you have an objection to this, speak now."

You blinked at Hayate's words, slowly stepping back from Saito as he began to set up. The dark haired male sighed, brushing his messy hair out of his face as he looked off to the side.

Many emotions swirled throughout your head as you watched Saito. You wanted nothing more than to win this fight so in a way you were happy that Saito didn't win but you were also upset because you didn't win either. There was no real conclusion to the battle but at least you knew Saito didn't win.

Nodding at this thought you looked towards Hayate. His mouth moved but you could barely hear his words.

In fact, you could hardly hear anything over the ever growing pounding in your ears and head. As the pounding increased you were hit with waves of drowsiness and before you knew it your world was spinning.

The colors and lights blurred, morphing into faint shapes that almost resembled people before everything began to dull and you were soon met with darkness.

A/N

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I enjoyed writing it and can't wait to write more chapters in the future. I hope you all have a nice day and thank you for reading ^v^

See you in the next update!