[1] Distraught Malory

Malory

The Youth for Animal Rights group meeting ended just mere minutes ago. I stand at my slightly dented locker -thanks to Dummy ole' Davidson- putting textbooks in and taking textbooks out, shoving them into my school bag unwillingly.

The school is almost completely empty -save for the few students waiting at the entrance door for their parents to arrive. The meeting ran on later than usual today because we had another debate. Being president of the group was tough work, but I never minded it.

I lazily dunk my hand into my washed-out jeans pocket and find my phone to check the time.

Three-Thirty-Seven.

I would still have enough time to get home, take a relaxing shower, and head to work at Nadine's Restaurant for my evening shift as a waitress.

Just as I shove my phone back into my pocket and place a textbook between two other textbooks, the pitter-pattering of lazy feet in sandals echoes from around the corner.

"Hey, co-star." the distressing jumbo chicken wiener says.

I pause just as I'm done fixing the book in between the space. I slam the door of my locker, fixing my bag over my shoulder and sighing. I don't even turn to look at him. I would probably go blind. Medusa wouldn't cause me such a terrible fate.

"Don't talk to me, twat," I say to him. I turn on my heel to begin walking away.

Then he speaks. "We are going to have to talk, dummy. You heard the Madam Principal."

I roll my eyes and turn to him in disbelief. He's finishing up patting a damp towel over his wet, jet black emo hair. It's so long it covers his cheeks and most of his forehead -it's a miracle anyone could see his face at all. We all had to be unlucky enough to not miss his stupid smirks though.
"We?" I almost snort. "Who is this 'we' you're speaking of? You and I will talk when we're reciting scripted lines. All the water from that long swim you just had in the pool must've gone through your ears and nose and mouth and sunk into your head and finally drowned out all your default knowledge as a homosapien. Allow me to remind you of what you're missing. We? Doesn't exist. You and I? Are not friends. My grades are important. That's the only reason why I'm doing this. I don't like you, you should have drowned in the pool, this conversation is over. Goodbye, Davidson." I turn to leave once more.

Kyle's idiotic smartass comments cannon-ball their way into my back as I take a single step forward towards the entrance. His tone of sarcasm makes me sick. "Wait- Did you actually just call me a homosapien? As in... as in... You're labelling me under the same species as yourself? What? It must be Christmas." He gasps. "Or is it my birthday? What happened to pig... or... worm under a blazing desert sun... or..." I turn to him. He takes a deep breath for emphasis before continuing, "...the meticulously fiery remains on an anus-hole after the spontaneously disgusting intervention of the forces of diarrhoea."

I smirk to myself. Sometimes it really amused me -the words that came out from my mouth.
Stating it as a matter of fact, I reply, "Yea well, I'm against animal cruelty. I realised it'd be abuse to say you're something as dignified as a pig. Humans, on the other hand, well," I give him a check out from his feet to his hair with a look of disgust plastered over my face, "...considering I've been paired with you for something like a play by someone like a principal, I'd say our race as human beings has finally committed the ultimate fail. I thought humans were smart. It's a shame. I'm disappointed. I'm leaving. Goodbye." I begin to walk off.