[33] It's Christmas

Malory

"Dearest Beth," I sigh, continuing, "I hope you are well. Four children must certainly be a joy as you put it, ever so kindly. Life has turned out just the way you wanted it to be, hasn't it. Still, I must regret that even after five long years, my mind has not changed since our last disagreement on the matter of my wildest dreams. It is still my wish –and it will always be- to have freedom as limitless as that graced to the birds of the sky. Speak of me highly to the kids, I beg you. Tell them of the daring best friend who never gave up believing that one day she would be free. Tell them of Haymridge and Lucy –the beast and the beauty, our favourite sleepover bedtime story. And Beth, please do not forget about me. I know that life in America will become hectic as you've still only just begun to accomplish your dreams, but do not forget about me. Do not forget about France, or me. I do hope your marriage continues to succeed, filled with love, joy, and many, many grandchildren. Love, Valerie."

I hear the sniffle of someone sobbing beside me. It's Morgan.

"That's so beautiful," she says, "Honestly." She wipes a tear away. 

I roll my eyes and laugh. "Not as touching as you, Beth, finally marrying a rich man, moving to America, and having four children within five years," I say.

"You forgot the part where my letters start to become more distant as I become busier," she says, crossing her arms and slamming her butt unto her own bed. "I can't imagine forgetting a best friend, disagreement on a subject or not."

"Well, you're not Beth in reality," I tell her. "So you don't have to."

"Still," she says, her face becoming soft and hopelessly-romantic-like, once more, "It's touching and heartbreaking and beautiful."

I suppose it is.

___

ButtNaked17: So listen

ButtNaked17: what are you guys doing for Christmas?

SheFinallyCursedOmg: going to church most likely

I scoff.

MalPal: nothing... mom and Grey are home so I'll probably just stick around and help them bake the ham or something

MalPal: actually wait never mind, mom said she's inviting all of you over for Christmas Dinner if you would like to come

SheFinallyCursedOmg: I'M SO COMING

SheFinallyCursedOmg: but my parents will have me go to church first, you know this

MalPal: doesn't bother me, I'm cool with whatever

ButtNaked17: my parents said it's okay, Mal

MalPal: cool, I'll tell mom

AnusPainUs: What about me

I start laughing. The story behind 'AnusPainUs' isn't even that funny, but it's the way Grey said it.
You see, Kyle had come over to my house to practice again. This time, while Grey was on another one of his scavenger hunts for food around the house like a greedy street rat. 

Kyle bumped into him while he was making his way out of the kitchen. And then the verbal abuse began.

"Are you blind," Grey asked him, "Do not stop a starving man for unnecessary interactions."

Kyle scratched his head. "Grey," he said, tiredly, "You just ate an entire box of chocolate chip cookies," he paused, "And all of the nachos," Grey gave him a questioning look, "And the family sized pack of Doritos."