[26] Revelations

Malory

Olive: MALORY OH MY GOD

Olive: so I was at the cafe this morning getting coffee and a beef patty and I BUMPED INTO THIS REALLY GOOD LOOKING GUY

Olive: FULL DEETS AT SCHOOL TODAY THOUGH CUZ I'M ON MY WAY THERE RIGHT NOW

Malory: wait, I thought your aunt was the one dropping you to school while your parents are away...

Olive: You know how my aunt is. She offered to give me the ride but she didn't exactly sound as though she wanted to do it so yea I'm travelling

Malory: I'm eager to hear of this specimen of the male species however, so I await your arrival. I'm already here, naturally.

Olive: I'M ALMOST THERE, I'LL TALK TO YOU THEN

Olive: BYE

Malory: bye

I'm standing at my locker in school. Kyle isn't here yet, so I have a bit of time to store whatever sanity I have left in my brain into a titanium box to save it for when I listen to his explanation of things. 

"Hey, Malory," Adrien says, walking over to me with a big, bright smile.

I smile. At least Adrien is some sort of normal around here. "Hey, Adrien," I say. "What's up? Were you out on the field jogging again?"

"Not this morning," he says, puffing a breath, "I was in the gym, though."

I nod. "You really work hard to work out," I say. "I suppose that is a good thing."

He giggles. "Hey, you know I was thinking," he says, my ears perk up, "if you're not busy sometime we should go get some lunch or something. Like on a Saturday or a Sunday. If you're not busy. We won't have to go alone. You can bring the others if you want. I've never actually hung out with any of you –aside from the few lunch chats in the cafeteria, that is."

Something ordinary is happening in my life?

Sign me the fuck up.

"That sounds like fun," I say, smiling brightly. I shrug. "I don't see why not. But I'll have to see about when. I'm still working every day except for Sundays. Sundays might just be the best option."

"Cool, cool," he says, sighing. "Oh, by the way, since you top the class in French, could you help me out a bit? French isn't by best subject –neither is math."

My brows raise, "French? Sure! I don't see why so many people struggle with it, it's really pretty easy once you memorise the vocabulary and conjugate the verbs properly."

"I don't even English properly," he says laughing, I laugh along. "But I must learn to French," he finishes.

"Touché," I say. "No problem. We can find some time to work on the French and I could probably help you out with math a bit too while we're at it. I'll try to find the time."

But the thing is I do have the time. Ever since I stopped doing all those extracurricular activities, my evenings have been work and rehearsals with Kyle. I can find the time to help him out, so why did I make it sound like I'm still so busy?

It's probably just me overthinking it. It's probably just me being accustomed to always telling people that I'm busy. Yes. I'm sure it's that.

"MALORY!" Olivia yells from the entrance door. I turn to find her running towards me. "Hey, Adrien," she greets.