7

Harry's POV

I somehow managed to get her on my back like she was taking a piggyback ride and trekked back to the car. There was a water bottle in the glovebox that she needed desperately. I sat her down in the seat and killed a few gathering infected before going back to her and pushing the mouth of the water bottle to her lips.

"Jane..." I lifted the water until it splashed a little over her lips. "Jane, wake up," I spoke to her sternly and jerked her shoulders forward and back. Her eyelids fluttered until she realized I was tilting a water bottle into her mouth. The tender soft touch of her fingertips were placed at my wrist and she closed her eyes taking small sips of the water, coughing briefly as she swallowed some air with the gulps of liquid.

"You need to eat when we get back. Can you hold the water?" I asked and handed her the bottle after she nodded with an embarrassed look on her face. I knew this was killing her. She would never be this vulnerable again, and I knew she would make sure of it.

When we pulled into the gate back at camp, I was thankful Will had been working on plans for a weapons supply run and not frolicking around keeping up with everyone. It meant I was able to actually sneak Jane into our house to feed her his food because I was definitely not rationing my food for her crazy ass.

Jane layed on the couch in my living room as I prepared it for her. She was getting two scrambled eggs and a cut up apple with peanut butter on the side. Her much needed protein and sugars.

I placed the plate on the coffee table in front of the couch and woke her to eat. She sighed and slid down the sofa to sit on the floor leaning her back on the base of the couch as she ate. Her fork was completely forgotten on the table and she dug in with her fingers. I grabbed her a glass of water again and she downed it quickly.

With her so pleasantly quiet and vulnerable, I took this time to sit down and question her.

"Can we cut the crap?" I said with a narrow look at her. She looked over at me with a curious glance.

"I don't want to dislike you, Jane, but you're giving me every reason to. I'm not going to kick you out because you're Will's sister so you can knock off the boycott from eating or drinking or whatever you've done to yourself... Unless you do something really stupid, I'm not going to have a reason to send you on your way. But in the meantime, I need you're help on supply runs. Two of our runners have recently passed and I need you to replace them..."

With a mouthful of apples and peanut butter, she looked at me with her small eyes and long eyelashes, "Ok." And then she went back to focusing on her food.

"Jane," I said again. "I'm serious don't screw this up for Will. He's clean, he's getting laid and he's helpful around here."

Her chewing slowed and then she nodded her head listening to me. "As long as he gets laid, he won't fuck up." She grinned quickly after swallowing the food in her mouth, but it soon disappeared when I reacted to her happiness.

I chuckled with her and noticed the small dimples pop in her cheeks. She was absolutely stunning when she wasn't always brooding around. She just needed to get out of her head and trust someone.

"What does Will do here?" She asked finally, now finished with her plate. She held her stomach like it was too much food but I knew she had to have felt better compared to the state she was in an hour ago.

"He's my second... So if I'm not here, he is and he'll be in charge. We're never both gone together. One of us is always here watching and looking out for the other."

"Just in case one of you doesn't come back..." her eyes narrowed at me and she relaxed into the couch behind her. Her head rested back and her shoulders seemed to not be as tense.