36

Harry's POV

I'd been stuck in that same room for a few more days. Except this time they gave me food and water. I hadn't eaten any of it. Instead, I sat in the corner and relived the past couple of weeks. I watched all the people I'd seen murdered replay over and over again in my brain. I thought of my family, my mom, my sister, my dad, my stepdad... Had they all turned too? Was the world ending in London just like it had here? Would they have survived something like this? I guess I'd never know.

I'd probably die in this room. I'd probably starve and let my body take care of the rest. Or maybe I'd just go crazy, mentally insane like the others here. All of the men walking the halls whistling under their breath. Maybe I'd turn out like them if I was smart. Instead of dueling with my morals and mental sanity, maybe I needed to give in to the craziness I could feel building inside of me, the complete ravenous monster I knew I could be.

I'd been in there for over a week without any outside communication. Only Khan would bring my food in and out of the room. The man was older than me. Maybe ten years, maybe less or more. I wasn't sure, but he definitely held some of his own demons. You could see it written all over him.

"So is this day 8 of your fast, Gandhi?" Khan sighed while picking up my tray from the floor.

I could feel my body deteriorating. It'd been days since I'd eaten properly. The last meal I had was at camp with Jane, Will, and the others, right before most of my people were killed in cold blood.

"Your body is shutting down. Not drinking the water will kill you faster. Dehydration is the easiest way, don't starve yourself. Once you've stopped drinking water, it'll only take a few days for the pain to stop after the initial feelings of thirst go away. Then it'll take two to five days until you pass," Khan spoke down to me.

"If you want to starve yourself, it'll take much longer. It'll be about another twenty to thirty days until you pass. The pain will be terrible and you'll feel every bit of it." His voice was unamused and too used to a conversation like this.

"Just some general tips for you," he shut the door and I was returned to silence once again.

So it would take another thirty days for me to pass painfully. Let's fucking do it.

***

"Harry," my name was called and I jumped after realizing that my door was open.

Eric, Khan, and a few other Mad Men stood looming over me curled in the corner with my head resting on the wall and my knees pulled into my chest. My entire body ached, from the tips of my toes to the sockets of my eyes. Every last inch of me was begging for nutrition. My nail beds were chipping and my lips began to split.

"I heard you're on day 15 of your hunger strike," Eric leaned his lanky body on the door frame twirling a knife in his hand.

"I'm halfway there then," I chuckled feeling the bright light of the hallway sting my unadjusted eyes.

"Pick him up," the blonde leader ordered the others. "God knows he's not going to be able to stand himself up," Eric scoffed while turning his back to me and walking down the hallway.

I was soon brought to a medical room, tied to a chair, and left to wonder what was about to happen to me.

It took me several moments to understand what was occurring until the feeding tube was being shoved down my resisting throat. I choked and choked as it gagged me again and again. The men in the room laughed as my body fought against the tube blocking my airway, but I couldn't breathe.