8

Harry's POV

I took to the office to get some shut eye and was reminded as I slept on the couch that my rib was in piercing pain. The clinic downstairs had a few too many people inside to ask Kelsey abruptly for some medications. I didn't want anyone but her to know I was hurt. It wouldn't look good for me when I wanted to keep on going on supply runs and active missions. I had to keep my healthy image alive for everyone, even if it felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Harry!" her bright smile exclaimed as she saw me before I could exit the room. Her shoulder length dark hair swung into her face as she turned her head to announce me to the room. My eyes sheepishly looked around at everyone's and I nodded my head when passing them by to say my hello's.

"Hey!" I smiled back at her as she checked over a pregnant woman's stomach. "Just wanted to stop by and see how everything's going."

"Well, Mary Lou here is about to pop," Kelsey smiled at Mary Lou and her husband, Greg, and so did I. It was a miracle to be able to have a child during this time and in such a safe place. This was why I kept a strong image, so these people could be happy and enjoy what time we had left on this Earth.

"Congrats again, I'll come see you two, or you three, when it happens. This is so amazing," I smiled a smile I had to somewhat force through gritted teeth. "Kelsey, I'm going to leave you a note over here and when you can get back to me that'll be great," I touched her arm as I walked past her to her desk on the other side of the room. She was the one who stitched me up when I accidentally cut myself open and I'd gotten to know her very well over the last few months because I had been in and out with lacerations and cuts on my skin from supply runs.

I pulled a notepad out and scribbled my needs on it in messy, hard to read handwriting.

Need some pain meds and antibiotics when you can... I'll be in my office for the rest of the evening... -H

I tore it off the pad and folded it in half. I walked out of the clinic and congratulated the happy couple again on their upcoming miracle baby.

An hour later, Kelsey knocked on my office door and walked into the room seeing me in my chair with tears in my eyes. It wasn't the first time she'd seen me so disheveled and I hated that she had to see it.

"What's wrong?" her feet swiftly walked over to me and her hands reached to coddle my face.

I shook my head and grimaced as I started to pull my shirt over my head. Her hands helped me take it off and I watched her examine the red skin around my stitches.

"Dammit Harry, you need to stop and rest," she eyed me furiously. She had done this last time and I had told her I would, but then took it upon myself to go on that supply run that brought Jane, Ben and Ciara here. "Did you get stitched up again?"

"Yeah, Will's sister did it when she found me... I had ripped open the entire thing and she sewed me up while I layed on the floor," she looked up at me through her thick lashes and frowned as I said it. "What? You know about her right?"

"Yes, I've heard about her," she tapped her fingers around my skin and started to swab away some fluid that seeped out of the closed cut.

"Then what?"

"She stitched you up very cleanly. Does she have medical training? I could use her if she does," she pressed hard around my broken rib and listened to where it hurt the most for me as I seethed through my teeth with each push. "Lay on the couch for me."

She followed behind me to the couch and continued to clean the cut then put a bandage on it.

"I don't think she does, but I'll ask what she knows and tell her to come talk to you," I closed my eyes as the pain seared throughout my entire side.