20

GOAL BEFORE I POST NEXT CHAPTER:

5 VOTES

8 COMMENTS

The next few days went on and I was still waiting for Will and his crew to show up. I even persuaded Juan Pablo to let me back on night shifts without Harry knowing. But tonight was different, Juan Pablo had a different man up on the scaffolding lookout that I couldn't remember the name of. He was apparently new to the shift, training there before he could get on the supply run team with me and Harry since, well, Sawyer had been removed from camp.

Harry.

I hadn't seen him in a while, or ever since I told him to fuck off. I needed to apologize and explain to him one last time that I still wanted to be whatever we were before we kissed. I didn't know how he was going to take it, but I hoped that it would be easy.

I took the staircase to his office at the town hall, searched his office, and then searched the clinic where Kelsey and Ciara were.

"Have you seen Harry?" I asked while Ciara bobbed her brows at me and Kelsey frowned.

"No, I haven't seen him all day actually," Kelsey looked over her shoulder at me from the patient she was working on and stared waiting to see my reaction.

She seemed sad or displeased with my question, and I honesty felt bad about it because Harry probably ended things with her to pay more attention to me...which he shouldn't have done. Kelsey was a great girl and she took care of him for so long.

"Shit, ok," I sighed and backed out of the clinic. I walked back to his office and paced his floor for a while thinking if he had left because of what I had said to him the other day.

Though even then, what I had said wasn't that bad. He was a grown ass man and he should have been able to handle my rude comments. I sighed though truly believing this was all my fault. He had to have left. He would never leave camp unguarded and unknowing of his departure.

I sat at his desk with my arms crossed on top and my face resting on my forearms. My eyes stared out the many windows on the wall into the dark sky wondering if I truly had fucked up again.

Sleep wasn't an option, but soon it tried to overcome me. I fought and fought, until I couldn't take it anymore. It was deep into the night when the door of his office creaked open and I jumped up to see his silhouette in the doorway.

"Jesus," I gasped seeing smudges of blood on his shirt. I walked to his frozen body in the doorway and lifted his shirt to make sure he was in one piece again. There were no bites, but it seemed like something was wrong.

He was unresponsive and unmoving as I stood there.

"Harry," I reached up to his face and pulled his chin to look at me. His green eyes stared into mine and for the first time, I saw him cry.

Tears welled over and down his cheeks creating a sense of heartbreak in my chest. I pulled him into the room and shut the door behind him. Then I held him while his tears spilled over creating endless streams down his face. He crumpled in my arms and I fell to the floor with how heavy he was.

"No, no, no," I felt tears well in my eyes now too. I hadn't ever seen him so disheveled and so broken. His cries echoed in my ears and I realized that this was way worse than I ever thought it could be. I never wanted to see him so hurt by something ever again.

After I layed there and caressed his back and shoulders, he started to calm down. His eyes were glazed over, tired and emotional. His lips were swollen and the tip of his nose was red.