18

Jane's POV

Morning came all too soon and I pushed Harry's limp arm off my body. He was snoring slightly and I hoped to God he wouldn't remember the conversations we had last night. I checked my watch and saw that it was only 7:30 a.m. I could have slept longer, but now that I was up, I would never fall back to sleep.

I grabbed a book from the many books on Harry's old dressers and took it to the nook under the window. My knees curled into my chest and I leaned my head on the glass while flipping through the first few pages. The few chapters I read were well written and I actually enjoyed what I was reading for once. I couldn't have said that for all of the books that I've read here so far.

"Good morning," a raspy accent spoke from my bed and I stared over at him not reciprocating the gesture. Instead, I chucked the book at his feet to let him know how angry I actually was. His stupid smirk dropped from his face and he seemed to remember everything from last night as a rush of red ran over his cheeks.

"Don't ever tell me that shit again," I eyed him carefully but let him know how I truly felt about it all.

He dropped his probably throbbing head into his palm and ran his fingers over his dirty hair. He sighed and then stood from the bed to walk over to me. I looked out the window and tried to focus on the birds flying in the distance high up in the sky. He sat at my feet and I realized now that I did not have pants on. I closed my knees together and pulled the hem of my hoodie down lower.

"I didn't mean to upset you," he glanced at me from his side looking defeated and confused. "I...I want you to understand that everything I said was... I would never want to put you in an uncomfortable position or make you feel awkward around me."

My heart clenched again. I wondered if he was just drunk and trying to get into my pants last night because whatever happened between him and Kelsey ended his lay sessions. Did he say all that just because of that?

"Can we just forget that this happened? Please," I asked desperately.

"Uh sure," he nodded his head and I nodded mine too. "But uh, I need you to go on a quick run with me. It's just outside our zone and we'll be back in twenty minutes max."

"We shouldn't go out. Will's not here and I'm not comfortable leaving the camp."

"We have to... I meant to do it yesterday but my mind wasn't in the right place. I need you to help me do this and do this quickly so I don't leave the camp stranded for too long."

"This isn't a good idea, but whatever you say boss."

"Don't call me that," he spoke to me sternly and I raised my brows at him because I didn't care what he said to me. I was still going to be smart to him.

He smiled now that we were back to normal. So, I rolled my eyes standing up and going to my pile of clothes on the floor pulling my black jeans back up my legs.

He told me where we were going after he finally got dressed and I seriously doubted we would be back in twenty minutes.

"We're not going to make it back in twenty minutes," I said while we loaded our waists with weapons down at the gun locker by the car garage.

"We'll make it back," he smirked and I scoffed with how cocky he could be.

"You are so egotistic," I grabbed the keys for the new sedan we picked up after the major car accident with myself and the two others.

"Let's make a bet, if we don't make it back in twenty minutes once we leave this gate then you can have full reign of the TV in my office for a week."