34

Harry's POV

My face was swollen and I was barely awake. Blood was dripping off of me more than my sweat. I felt weak and vulnerable in front of all the Mad Men. I took deep breaths as I was lifted into the back of a car. My head landed on a hard piece of metal and I opened my eyes with the surprise.

Will was in front of me on the other side of the van. I grumbled his sister's name but no one paid any attention to me. Not the two Mad Men that sat beside Will and not Will either.

Will held a blank stare looking forward but not meeting my barely open eyes.

"Will," I growled as I sat up. My snarl must have caught his attention and I ground my teeth together as my entire body ached and pained while I leaned back on the metal inside of the van. "Where's Jane?" I growled again.

No answer.

"Where's Jane?!" I shouted feeling my anger consume me.

No answer. Except for the guards, they angled their guns at me way too easily. The zip ties on my wrists were pulling against my skin. I turned my head around to see what else was in the van. My eyes were swollen and heavy, but I fought against it with every piece of me.

Jane wasn't in the van. Jane wasn't in the van. Jane wasn't in the van.

Panicked, I felt my chest start to pump heavily.

"Will!" I shouted again and breathed out fiercely from my nose.

However, he was broken. The unresponsive nature of him was all that was left. Leslie's dead appearance had crushed him. Not to mention whatever the hell happened to his sister.

"Hey! Did they hurt her?" I kicked him in his leg with my shoe. "Will, Christ, is she... is she dead?"

His eyes watered while staring into mine and I felt all my insides clench and the blood rush from my face. My chin quivered and I swallowed my tears away. His silence had affirmed my question and I felt a sopping wet blanket of grief encompass me.

"No," I mumbled while feeling my face contort.

Wherever Will and I were being taken it didn't matter. What mattered was that I let everyone down. I let the whole camp down. I let Leslie down. I let Jane fucking down. I let everyone that mattered to me down. Goddamnit.

My chest ached more than my face did. Soon my whole body became numb except for the constant pain sitting in between my pecks. The only hope I had was that Ben, Ciara, and Luke were safe somewhere after they were able to escape. Will needed to focus with me though. We needed to get out of here to help our people at the other camp.

The van stopped when we arrived at the destination and as I was dragged out of the back of the van again, I was at the Mad Men base. The same place where Jane and I had scouted a few days ago... Except now, I was on the grounds and not looking down from above. I was the poor soul captured by the crazies this time.

The next few days, I was stuck in a room with a bucket and a water bottle. There was no light, no food, and no blankets. All I had was the clothes on my back and the horrific thoughts going through my head. Memories of my past life started to clash with my present and just as I was about to lose my sanity a man opened the locked door and asked me to follow him.

"My name is Khan," he said and handed me one slice of bread. I took the offering hesitantly and held onto it as I followed him down the hallway. My knees shook as I walked; they weren't used to such activity after I'd been stuffed into a closet for the past four days.

The man was much shorter than I, but still more fit. He walked like he was trained for this sort of thing; order, discipline, and violence were his nature and I could see what he was in the old world written all over him.