10

Jane's POV

Behind me I felt his chest rising and falling again, the bright sun was shining down on my face and I nuzzled the side of my face back into his shoulder. Sleep was a beautiful thing when it was undisturbed and completely deafening.

The more I slept the better I felt and as soon as I was back to being fast asleep, the door to my room opened and I was woken up creating so much dread in me for the upcoming day ahead.

"Jane."

My shoulder was shaken and the thick British accent coated the insides of my dreams now.

I blinked my eyes open and twisted my chin to look back at Harry. He was groggy too but well aware of our company in the room. William, Leslie, and Luke stood in the doorway, two of them with big smiles spreading on their cheeks and the other with a disgusted glare toward Harry.

I shot from the nook and ran across the room into my brother's arms. I had said goodbye to him when he left over a week ago, but I hadn't known that their supply runs would take days at a time. If I would have known, I would have been more thoughtful about my goodbye. Maybe then I wouldn't have had so many sleepless nights.

"Are you ok?" I shot back from his hug and looked him over. "Jesus Christ, Will I was worried sick about you!"

I knew my eyes were bugging out of my head and I somehow managed to hug him again in the midst of my happiness. His grimace toward Harry had disappeared and now all he could do was tear up as we held each other.

"I love you, sis," he said through his quivering chin. My nose flared with the happiness coursing through me now and it seemed like I had forgiven him already for his past transgressions. He was a new man and I was just now seeing it.

"I love you too," my face was nuzzled into his shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his neck one last time. "I'm serious though, please don't make me wait so long for you to come back next time."

He sniffled his runny nose and nodded his head by the time we let go of each other.

"All right," his mild southern accent came through and I grinned and looked back at Harry approaching now. His lengthy, tall build standing by me and my brother made the two of us look all the more related. Will gave Harry a quick hug and the two smiled at each other in relief that they were back together again.

"How did it go?" Harry folded his arms over his chest and I wondered how well his stitches and broken rib were healing. His rib had to have still bothered him because they took a minimum of six weeks to heal, but generally, they took way longer to get back to being better.

Will sighed and looked over his shoulder to the cute blonde flanking him in the doorway. Leslie was everything I wanted to look like in the old world and in the new world. Her chest was big, her hips were wide, but her waist was still small. She had that hourglass figure everyone wanted.

"We got it all," Will nodded his head and smirked with a raised brow. I rolled my eyes at how cocky he was and always had been. "All of the guns and all of the ammo from the warehouse. We got it all, my man!"

Harry's grin appeared and he slapped my brother in the shoulder congratulating and thanking him at the same time.

"That's awesome," Harry stood awkwardly next to me and I peered up at him as he glanced back down at me, his eyes roaming on the black hoodie I was wearing. Oh shit...

I wanted to apologize to him for wearing his clothes but knew this was definitely not the right place or time for it. I flushed with embarrassment and curled my hands back into the sleeves with my shoulders raised.