35

Jane's POV

The room I had been stuffed in wasn't much of a room. I could take three large steps and be at the front, side, and back of the room. All that was in there was the light above my head with a pull string to turn it on and off and a mattress that looked crusty as hell. There was no sheets, no pillows, no box spring or headboard. It was very clear what this room was meant for. Wait correction...what I was meant for.

The air in the room was stale and dry from the lack of airflow. My body had started to sweat and I could feel it mixing in with my cuts on my face and legs. It stung, but I wasn't worried about it. I was worried about who would walk through the door to get at the new piece of ass in town.

Loud screams and grunts were sounding in each of the rooms next to me and I couldn't help but sit in the corner of the room and cry.
It took awhile. I wasn't sure how long, but I didn't have any fingernails left and my nail beds were bleeding from picking at them nervously. And with every passing moment I thought I would be used next. Then my moment came as a knock sounded on the door.

I stood from the ground and twisted my shoelace around my hands to charge the disturbed man with.

Breathe in, breathe out. Compose yourself, Jane.

A pale skinned man came in and I shuttered with the thought of what he was planning on doing to me. His gapped smile was alarming enough paired with his wild, tentative eyes. The acid in my stomach turned as he undid his belt and I shuttered at the thought of him even touching me.

"I'll kill you," a few scared tears fell down my cheeks and I clenched the shoe lace tighter in my grip. "Don't come in here."

I swallowed as he neared me in the corner. The room seemed smaller with the two of us in it.

His hand reached down and grabbed my hair. The fiery stare he gave me with his distant brown eyes scared me even more. His face leaned into my neck and he sniffed the smell of my hair long and hard.

He hadn't spoken but I didn't want to hear his voice. It would have haunted my dreams and drove me crazy.

Is this what happened to Kelsey? To Leslie? To Jessica? To all the women that had crossed paths with these men?

And with that thought, I took the shoelace with an end in each hand and pushed it on his neck. Soon he was against the wall and I had all of the leverage. He didn't fight back too hard and I hated how easy it was for me to hurt him. But it was like he didn't care. There wasn't any effort to even survive. He was letting me kill him.

As he started to lose sense of being, I stopped. He struggled to catch his breath, heaving on the floor for air to fill his lungs. Meanwhile, I did the same.

Another Mad Man came rushing into the room and knocked me off of the sick bastard.

"Get out," he commanded the smaller man I had almost killed.

It wasn't until I looked at the man that I realized I knew exactly who he was. It was the sandy haired Mad Man who seemed to be the right hand man of Eric. He'd been at all of my encounters with the leader and I was sure that he was assigned to keep me on a tight leash.

Still shaking and unsure of why he was kicking out the rapist, I started to stand again. It was weak and it took all of my energy, but I charged him with everything I had. All it took was one stiff arm from him for me to be knocked off my feet and sprawled over the nasty mattress. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as he twisted on his heel while unbuttoning his jeans to shut the door behind him.