Friction

I awoke the next morning to find Mistress Alice was not next to me. How long had I been asleep? I got up and raced to the main room where the clock was.

I jumped in surprise as I looked up at the clock. 11:45pm. How could Mistress Alice let me sleep so late? Didn't she know I had to return the pads to Mistress silver by the lunch bell? Mistress Silver is never going to trust me if I don't get there soon. How will I get there?

I knew that the area outside if the apartment was restricted to prisoners unless they were with a Guardian of one sort or another. If I left now I could just make it in time, but I didn't know the codes and I would be stopped.

I raced from room to room trying to find Mistress Alice, but she was not there. Finally, desperate, I ran into the bedroom again. I ran to the closet and, to my surprise ,I found it unlocked. I pawed through the many outfits that we're provided to Alice by The Academy until I found a dress that had a tie that I could use to make it look like it fit.

I knew I risked penalty for this, but I could see no other option. I threw the dress over my head and grabbed a pair of shoes, grateful that we shared a shoe size. I then proceeded to grab the pads from the front table and go out into the hall.

I kept my eyes lowered as I passed through the halls. I heard someone call my name but I kept going as if I hadn't heard. The voice wasn't Mistress Alice's so I didn't care.

Luckily the door to the main open prison area locked only from the outside. I passed through it with trembling hands least a guard notice that I was one of the prisoners. Once outside the door I bolted for the nearest empty hallway and proceeded to remove the dress and the shoes. I was just piling them neatly for retrieval later when a woman entered the hallway. She was wearing a navy corset with a dark blue pleated plad skirt with black stockings and paten leather heels. The top half of her shoulder length dyed red hair was pulled back with a clip but the rest hung free. She didn't see me at first.

I froze, hoping beyond hope she wouldn't see me. Then she glanced up and saw me. "What do you think you are doing? And where did you acquire that clothing?" She made as if to grab for me.

I dropped the clothing and, keeping a firm grip on the pads, I ran. She tried to chase me, but being that I was barefoot and she was in heels, I quickly lost her.

As soon as I was sure that I was no longer being followed, I walked quickly towards Mistress Silver's dungeon. The lunch bell startled me out of my thoughts of where Alice could be. I began to run.

Finally, the door of the dungeon came into sight. I was sweaty and panting, but I quickly knelt and knocked on the door. Keeping my head down, I raised my arms holding the pads up almost like an offering. After a minute the door opened and Mistress Silvers shoes came into view.

"You're late." She said. I glanced up taking in her crossed arms and the riding crop which dangled from her hand.

"I am sorry, Mistress Silver. I-" I paused for a second debating telling her the whole story, but figured it would sound too much like a cry for pity. I HAD promised to return the pads in time and I had failed to do so. That was the end of the story. I lowered my gaze and my head. " I have no excuse for being so late Mistress, do as you see best."

"I am glad to see that you understand that you did not do as you said you would and that carries consequences. However, my gut and your panting tell me that there is more to this story than you are letting on. Come in, I want to know exactly why you were late." I followed her into her dungeon where she directed me to sit in a chair.

I sat, feeling slightly out of place and off balanced by the niceties that Mistress Silver was displaying. She sat across from me and nodded for me to begin. I really didn't want to get Alice in trouble so I left out that she hadn't woken me as I started. "Mistress Silver, this whole thing was my fault, I overslept this morning and took a few detours on the way here."

Silver crossed her arms and her eyes narrowed. "Oh, really. That's all that happened? You slept in the dorms and overslept? Got lost on the way here as well I guess too?"

"Yes, mistress Silver." I said with no conviction.

"I don't believe you. I thought you had moved past the lying. I am really disappointed in you right -"

I was just opening my mouth to defend my statement when a loud knock sounded on the door. Mistress Silver motioned for me to come kneel on the cushion next to her chair. I was confused by this, but because I wished to show that I had changed, I obeyed. Once I was kneeling, Mistress Silver rose and walked gracefully to the door. I could not help but admire her graceful stride.

She had barely opened the door when Mistress Alice and the other domme strode in. Mistress Alice came over to me, completely ignoring Mistress Silver until silver grabbed her wrist firmly. Alice looked like she was about to slap Silver, but at that moment warden Eva walked in. She took only about half a second to take in the scene before her before she very firmly spoke to the pair.

"So, it seems that the two of you have learned nothing. This is unacceptable. both of you, my office. Now!" She came over and clipped a green lead on my collar. I was surprised and hesitated. "Just follow, I am already aware of what has happened. You will be dealt with in a bit." She gave me a moment to think. Eventually I nodded and she led me out.

I followed her down the hall to another room that looked to be an office. She handed my lead to the Domme that I had run from earlier. Warden Eva turned to me and addresed me with surprising kindness, "Aria, I need to go speak with Mistresses Alice and Silver. I will need to talk to you in a little bit as well. Stay here with Mistress Charlene." When I looked up at her with more than a few misgivings she continued, " Aria, While I know that your first meeting with Mistress Charlene was under ... poor circumstances, and I know that your trust is going to have to be rebuilt again after the events of this morning, I know Mistress Charlene is worthy of your trust. If you should need me or either of these two" she motioned at Alice and Silver." They will be right in the next room."She left with Silver and Alice.

Mistress Charlene led me over to a cushion. I kneeled there, not wanting to look up as I heard her take a seat in the chair facing me. When I finally did look up I was surprised at how calm and collected she looked. The anger I had seen when she confronted me was long gone, replaced by almost a look of pity. I suddenly felt quite badly for the rude way that I had treated her this morning. I opened my mouth to speak and closed it again a few times. Finally, finding my voice, I looked up at her and said "permission to speak Ma'am?" She nodded and I continued "I'm sorry about this morning, I was trying to make it to Mistress Silver before the lunch bell. I know it doesn't change my actions or how they came across, I should have talked and let you know. Again, I'm sorry."

" You're right, it doesn't change your actions. Yet, I appreciate and accept your apology." I nodded, grateful for her accepting it. Silence fell, but the tension, at least between us, was gone.