Choices

*A/N here's an update for y'all. However, having learned a lot about the lifestyle that I did not know at the time of starting this book i intend to go back and rework some of it. Hope you enjoy this update*

I knelt on the cushion next to charlene and tried to listen in to the raised voices in the office. However the thick solid wood door muffled the conversation just enough that i could hear nothing. I knew that i should not have started this, but here all that i had was my word. If i could not be true to that at least then what value did my word have. I had promised silver that i would return her property and by all the gods that i did. It saddened me that i had had to disrespect other rules of the center in the process but what choice did i have?

I looked up at charlene. I knew that i should say something, but i didn't have permission to do so. Sometimes i hated these rules. Wait who was i kidding, i always hated them. I never should have been here to start with, but here i was and there was nothing i could do about it. So why did much of this seem to be a natural thing?
I raised my head to look back at charlene, and opened my mouth to apologize but at that exact moment the door to the office flew open. Silver appeared from behind the mahogany barrier that separated me from the only person that i truly trusted here. Silver stormed out and practically grabbed the lead that charlene had clipped on to the collar i was fitted with. I made as if to get back up to follow but she jerked the leash a bit too hard and i fell. A  shiny black pair of heels appeared next to my face, one of the heels pressed into my back and held me to the ground. "YOu cant even keep your feet under you, you will crawl back"silver sneered

What had i dont to earn Her wrath. Sure i knew that i had pissed off the rest of them, but all i had done to mistress silver was try to return her possessions. Why was she acting like this? She practically dragged me back to her 'office'. There she led me over to something that looked a bit like a sawhorse with a pad across the top. She pulled me to my feet. "Get over it, now!"
I pulled away. "Not until you tell me what the fuck is going on! I have done almost nothing to deserve your wrath.  You're not making me want to trust you."

"You will obey" she pushed me up against the sawhorse thing and pushed on my back until i overbalanced and landed on my stomach over it. She quickly grabbed my wrists and began to secure them.
"RED!" I yelled, my conversation with alice coming back to me. Silver looked like she had been slapped in the face. She backed away for a moment. "How do you know to do that you little...." She said walking back towards me.

"Silver! Stop." Warden Eva's voice rang, commanding, across the dungeon.
"Why should I stop, this little slut-"
"Has never done anything to you. She isn't worth your anger. Your anger is with me. You are upset that. Alice got the job you wanted and you think you can take it out on her by taking it out on Aria because Alice cares for her. You have no right to do this. In fact, you are breaking the oath that you made to me when you took this job by doing so. What was the oath you took silver, do you remember?"

"I Silver Grace Smith do solemnly swear,
To always be honorable
In action, discipline and control.
I promise to put aside
Any grudge, prejudice, or dislike
For any person's
Choices, actions, affiliations, or beliefs.
I will be just in my ways.
I will honor consent.
I will be trustworthy, respectful and disciplined of myself.
I will respect the laws, rules and regulations
That govern the academy.
So help me."

Mistress Silver sank to her knees, head down. Eva approached her and placed one hand on the top of her head. "You were very close to breaking that oath Silver. I should send you back to training."

"Miss Eva, I well deserve it for how close I came to breaking my oath, but I beg you not to. I will keep my word, I can do better."

     "Silver I won't send you back to training. However, this can't be ignored. You are hereby transferred to be deputy warden of my wing. Meanwhile, Alice you may either stay here and become temporary warden of this wing or you may also come to my wing. This choice however rests equally on both if you and should you disagree I will answer it myself. So Alice, Aria, what is your choice? You have five minutes to decide."