1

Today started out average. I skipped my morning class so I could sleep in a little longer but decided I should probably go to my evening classes.

I sat in English, fiddling my pencil until it accidentally flung out of my fingers and onto the ground. As I bent over to pick it up, a large hand grabbed it before me. I looked up to see my classmate, Kim Taehyung.

"Here, butterfingers." He smiled, handing me my pencil.

"Thanks." I responded with a chuckle.

I sat back up in my seat, doodling on my paper as I felt a pair of eyes glued to me. Glancing over, I saw Taehyung staring at me. Despite being such a good mind reader, I couldn't quite tell what he was thinking; maybe curiosity, admiration, a bit of lust, and something else I was unfamiliar with.

"Yes?" I asked, wondering what he wanted.

"You look very pretty today, Mai"

"Oh- uh. Thank you." I stuttered as my face turned beat red.

"You're very welcome." His smile was off putting.

To think of it, I never really liked Taehyung; he was an average student to everyone else but different around me in particular. It was like a switch: from kind and normal, to curious and possessive.

"Would you mind studying with me after class?" He asked.

"Um, sure. Where?"

"My place."

"Um, how about the campus library instead?"

His smile distorted and his eyes looked a bit angry until he shook it off and nodded.

"Alright, sounds good."

After class, Taehyung and I walked to the library together.

"So why did you suddenly want to study with me?" I asked, my breath creating a cloud against the winter air.

"I've always wanted to study with you, I was always just nervous to ask." He blushed into his scarf.

My heart skipped a beat when he said that. He wasn't a bad looking guy and, he was the one nervous to ask me?

"I'm glad you asked, Taehyung." I smiled.

He looked at me with a surprised look, it was cute really.

We studied for a while. Every other student had left the library and went home, but Taehyung and I stayed till the building closed.

"I'll walk you home." He suggested.

"Oh it's fine, I can walk-"

"Really, I'll walk you." His interruption was some what harsh, so I decided to let him walk me home if that's what he really wanted.

We arrived at my small apartment complex. After walking up to the front door, I turned to face Taehyung. He was giving me that same look he did this morning in class. I waved my two fingers at him, gesturing a goodbye. His face then changed completely to a huge rectangular grin, waving his hand happily at me.

Once in my apartment, I took my coat off and turned on the shower. While the water was heating up, I was about to take off my shirt but realized my curtain was still open. I went over to close it and noticed Taehyung, still standing in the same spot he said goodbye to me and looking up at my window; watching me. His eyes were like daggers; no movement or blinks. I waved once more, but I was creeped out this time. He slowly lifted his hand out of his coat pocket and waved back as I closed the curtain.

I stood for a second. Trying to calm myself from what I just encountered. A part of me said it was just a coincidence; that he was just making sure I got home safely. The other half felt uneasy; that I should watch myself around him.