12

"Mai!!!" Taehyung growled from the top of his lungs.

My body shook with panic. I could hear him bang at the bedroom door.

"You better open this damn door or I swear to God you'll face a punishment worse than you can even imagine!"

I brought the key to the front door's knob. I couldn't stop my hand from shaking.

"Come on! Please!" I yelled at myself.

I jumped when I heard the loud thud of Taehyung's door breaking open. Tears pooled in my eyes when I saw him stomp toward me. I grasped the key tightly, knowing what would come next.

Taehyung gripped my arm with such force that I yelled. As he began dragging me away from the door, anger boiling inside him, I managed to stumble free, giving me enough time to snatch a plate from the kitchen's drying rack.

As he came at me once more, I smashed the plate on the counter and jabbed a large piece of shattered ceramic into his left shoulder.

"AAHHHHHH!" He screamed.

As I tried pulling away, he picked up a smaller piece of the broken plate from the floor and threw his hand at my leg, forcing the piece to leave a giant cut on my thigh.

I kicked his chest and limped the opposite way toward the basement door. From the picnic Taehyung and I had a few weeks ago, I saw that there was a door from the basement that lead outside. I also knew it would be trickier to escape from there, but Taehyung was too close to the front door for me to try anything.

I took the key, sucking up my fear so that my hand would stop shaking. As I unlocked the door and made my way down the basement, I noticed all the walls were covered with pictures of me, pictures from way before I even met Taehyung, pictures of me sleeping or dressing, even ones of me at my parents house. I felt sick; and the overwhelming stench of the basement didn't help either. It smelt like something had been rotting for weeks. Aware of Taehyung's groans from upstairs, I cautiously made my way to where the smell came from. It was a freezer. I opened it slowly and a half frozen corpse fell to my feet. I covered a scream with my hand as I realized it was a boy I used to go to school with, he even flirted with me a few times.

My attention was stolen from a door swinging open. I frantically searched for a place to hide and when I found the perfect spot, I saw Charlie crawl out from under the stairs. He trotted up to me, whimpering when he saw blood oozing from my leg. He then started barking uncontrollably at me.

"Shhhh Charlie! Shut up! Please!" I whispered.

If Charlie didn't stop barking, Taehyung would know exactly where I was, so, I did what I had to do.

Taehyung POV

"That bitch!" I murmured as I ripped the blood covered ceramic out of my shoulder. "How do we punish her this time? Oh, I don't know, how about she loses a few finger nails? A week chained to a tree, I heard it's supposed to snow. Or maybe, her new 'room' can be a metal cage bolted next to our bed, so we can fuck the bitch whenever we please!"

I stood up slowly, regaining my balance. I heard a slight scream from the basement and I knew Mai had found that annoying pest I killed nearly a week ago.

I swung the basement door open so hard that one of the hinges popped off. It was then that I heard a loud screech from Charlie.

I stomped down the wooden stairs and followed the trail of blood Mai left from her cut. The drips of red led me to an old coat closet in the corner.

"Oh Mai, my sweet, predictable Mai. Baby, you really need to try harder than that; you know you can't hide from me." I laughed as I opened the closet door, expecting her to be waiting, scared, and ready to apologise for what she's done.