8

Yesterday was a huge step forward in my relationship with Mai. It was like a switch turned on and my feelings for her became mutual. About time, I mean, it only took her 2 months; that's a lot of lost memories we were suppose to have shared together, but, if I tried anything sooner I would've just made her even more scared of me. My blood boils when I think about that; if only she'd just do as she was told and trust me, I wouldn't have to punish her so much and we'd be a happy family by now. I mean, when I say "don't talk about your old life," I expect you to not talk about your old life, is that really too much to ask?

******

"Good morning." Taehyung said as he unlocked my door. "Did you sleep well, my love?"

I nodded but in reality I barely even blinked since last night. The thought of his hands all over me just wouldn't go away.

Taehyung sat down beside me on the bed and began stroking a few hairs away from my face, "my good girl" he whispered.

His expression became worrisome when he noticed my pale face and dark bags under my eyes. "Are you alright? You're burning up, Mai."

He wasn't wrong; my head pounded and my body ached. I figured I had caught something over night and the fact that I didn't sleep just made everything worse.

"I'll go make you some soup, okay?"

"I'm not hungr-" before I could finish, Taehyung had rushed out my room and to the kitchen.

A few moments later, he was back with a bowl of broth.

"Sit up, darling." He said then began blowing on a spoonful of soup.

"I'm not hungry, sorry."

His eyes glanced at me with what might have been annoyance or possibly anger.

"I said, sit up, Mai."

"I- really I think I just need rest I can't stomach anything right now-"

Suddenly, he clenched his hand around my jaw, digging his fingers into my chin. I winced in pain as his pulled me forward, causing me to sit up like how he wanted.

"If you're not going to obey, then I guess we'll have to do this the hard way." He growled through his teeth.

He squeezed his fingers deeper until my mouth gasped opened, and then poured the spoonful of broth down my throat. After he released his grip, I shot back a coughed uncontrollably.

"Now, see what happens when you don't do as you're told, Mai? I'll come back later and we'll try this again." As he got up from the bed, he glanced over his shoulder back at me, "if you know what's good for you, you won't test me anymore." And after that he left.

I gulped, the saliva covering the inside of my scorched throat. He was completely insane; he literally just forced boiling broth down my mouth! As my anger towards him began to build, my head ached even worse. I decided if I was ever going to get that key, I probably should rest and save my energy for it; if there's one thing Taehyung watches closer than me, it's that stupid key that keeps me locked in this prison.

I sat back onto my pillow and closed my eyes. Obtaining that key was going to be complete suicide, I thought. I mean, if he had the slightest suspicion about my plans to escape, well, to be honest, I don't want to know what he'd do to me.

About half an hour later, Taehyung returned with the bowl of broth. Although eating made my stomach turn with nausea, I forced myself to drink the soup.

"Good girl." He'd murmur as I'd eat.

"Now, you rest my love. I'll be back in a bit to check on you." He said and kissed my feverish cheek.

As he locked the door, I noticed a brown fluffy tail wiggle from under my bed. Charlie had snuck in while the door was open; he definitely liked me more than Taehyung, which didn't come as much of a surprise to me.

"Hey, buddy." I cooed and he crawled out from under the bed, jumping up onto the mattress.

Charlie was the one ray of sunshine in this dark hole; he was so innocent and loving, the polar opposite of Taehyung. I often pondered on what would happen to him if I did manage to escape; he was not even a year old and I was all he had.

"You're just a dog." I whispered under my breath.

"I'm sure you'd do just fine in the wild, right?" He cocked his to the side as if he understood me.

I chuckled softly, "good boy, my cute, adorable, boy." I said, rubbing my nose on his furry neck.

The rest of the day flew by fast when I actually fell asleep; I guess all the stress and fear from earlier drained what little energy I had left. I cuddled next to my dog and imagined myself back in my own bed, somehow it made me feel slightly more safe. I just wanted to go home, but as far as my psychotic capturer was concerned, this was home.

********
Heyo, admin here! Sorry for this super short chapter. I've been stressed with a lot of school work lately and couldn't find the time to write, thus, this filler chapter happened. I have two things to kinda "warn" you all about. The first is that I won't be able to update for probably a week or two because the semester is coming to an end. The second is that, if you couldn't tell by the previous chapter, from this point on there will be sexual, graphic, and violent content, so if you do not think you can handle it, please do not continue reading. Anyways, thank you all for voting and enjoying my story, it truly means the world to me.
K bye 💕