9

Today, Taehyung has his final exams, which would have also been the day of my final exams..

"Is breakfast ready, my love?"

I nodded and placed a plate in front of him on the table.

"Ugh, you're so perfect, Mai." He hummed and began eating.

Since being captive here for nearly two months, I've familiarized myself with the entirety of the kitchen. I know where every spice is located and every cooking utensil hidden, which, I'm sure will come in handy in the future.

"I wish I could stay here all day with you." Taehyung said while standing up. "But, I must take my exams and further my education so that I can give you the life you so well deserve."

With that, he kissed me, grabbed his bag, and left, making sure to lock the door behind him.

As I watched my psychotic capturer stroll to his car, I noticed a speck of white glide past the widow, followed by another speck and another; and as my breath formed a damp patch over the cold glass, I sighed at the specks of snowfall and accepted that this winter would be the coldest and darkest one yet. 

******

To be honest I was nervous for this exam, because Mai had been sick the past few days and I had to wean her back to health, I wasn't able to study as hard; if I fail, she'll need to be punished for distracting me.

"Psst! Any news on that one chick?"
"Nah man, she's probably in trash bags spread across town."

"No talking while tests are out, thank you."

I clenched my fists so hard that my pencil snapped, I should be used to these mouth breathing idiots by now but they just won't shut up about my Mai. If only they just accepted that she's never coming back and move on-

"Hey man, do you need another pencil?" One of them asked me.

"You can borrow one of mine."

"Oh, uh, thanks." I took the piece of wood from his filthy hand a faced back around.

"Can't help but feel bad for that girl, you know? I remember her too; she was so pretty and nice. It's a damn shame this happened to her."

"You- you knew Ma- I mean, her?" My eyes began to scatter; what if Mai and him were close, what if Mai used to talk about me to him, what- what if he's suspicious of me-

"Kinda, I mean, we had History 101 together but that's about it. But hey, you guys were pretty close, right? I noticed you would study with her a lot in the library, actually, weren't you the last person that saw her?" The tone of his voice grew weary.

'Crap! He's on to me!'

"Did I not just say no talking while tests are out? If I hear as much as a peep from anyone, that person gets a zero!"

Throughout the rest of the testing session, I could feel the occasional glare from that kid. He was suspicious of me that's for sure, and I knew things would start to get messy if he stuck his nose any further.

When the test was over, the kid asked if I could eat lunch with him in one of the science rooms and help him study for his next test. But, I knew it wasn't because we suddenly became best friends over a borrowed pencil; he wanted to question me, and I had to figure out something to shut him up.

"Thanks for meeting me here!"

"No problem, I bought us some coffee to drink while we study." The cringe that followed that comment was unreal.