4

I woke up on a bed I've never slept in; in a small room I've never seen before. The covers were tucked neatly under me and my shoes and jewelry were removed.

"Ah~" I murmured as I sat up, my head aching on one side.

I then realized my situation; that I've been kidnapped and held captive by a classmate of mine. The room I was in didn't have any windows I could escape out of, or a vent big enough that I could fit into.

Then, I heard footsteps from the other side of the door. I ran over and started banging on it with both fists.

"Help me! Someone! I'm in here! Please! Help m-"

The door opened and Taehyung stood in front of me. I bolted to the opposite side of the room.

"Stay away from me!"

"Mai calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." He said calmly, slowly making his way toward me.

"What do you want from me?!" My eyes began to tear up out of fear.

"Shhhhh, just calm down."

He was now close to me, only inches away. He brought his hand up and gently stroked my temple with the back of his finger.

"Don't be scared, you're safe with me."

"Wh-where am I?" I whimpered.

"Far, far away from anyone else; away from anyone who will try to hurt you."

"What do you want?" I avoided eye contacted as tears dropped to my feet.

"Shhh don't cry. I'm here to protect you, remember?" He said, wipping a drop away with his thumb.

I noticed his hand was wrapped in bandages; probably where I bit him when he attacked me.

"Are you hungry? There's food in the kitchen."

I shook my head; being held captive by a psycho-path made me lose my appetite.

"Oh, alright. Well if you change your mind, I leave the door unlocked." He smiled and left the room.

I sat for a bit after he left. I couldn't think or processes anything from where I was, how I got here, and why Taehyung would do such a thing. Terrified wouldn't come close to describing how I felt.

Eventually, I built up the courage to step out of the room. As I walked down the unfamiliar hall, I realized it was an ordinary house.

Walking into the kitchen, there was a plate of pancakes sitting on the table.

"So you've decided to join me huh?" Taehyung said happily.

"Yeah."

I cautiously sat in the chair across from his. He was enjoying his meal and humming a song. I couldn't believe him; acting like this after what he's done, like it was okay or normal.

"Aren't you going to eat, Mai? Your foods gonna get cold." He looked at me with innocent round eyes.

"I'm- not very hungry." Every once in awhile, I scanned the room for doors or windows.

"Stop that." He said casually, then taking another bite.

"Stop what?" I gulped.

"Looking for a way out. That's what you're doing, aren't you?" The way he looked up at me, the more I regretted my previous action.

"I- no-"

"You can't leave, Mai. I mean, why would you want to? I have everything you could possibly need here and- and more. You're safe here."

"Stop saying that! Stop saying I'm safe with you! What you've done, what you're doing, is illegal and wrong and you need to let me go!"

Suddenly, he slammed his utensils on the table and stood up. He walked over to me and grabbed me roughly by the arm, pulling me up, and dragging me back to the room I woke up in.

"I'm- I'm sorry! Please! Taehyung!" I screamed but he didn't flinch.

All I could think was that I was going to die, that I should accept that this was my fate. He threw me onto the bed and turned toward the door.

"I'm not letting you go! Ever! And until you understand that, I will lock you in here, got it?!" And with that, the door was slammed and the noise of the lock echoed in my ears.