5. Nightmares {KSimon}

5. Nightmares

JJ lay awake in the dark, it was roughly 5am and he couldn't sleep. Him and Simon had got into bed about two hours ago, and Simon dropped off into a deep slumber straight away.

On the other hand, JJ had trouble finding his way to sleep. He lay on his side, staring at the outline of Simon, who was sleeping beside him. JJ had a smile on his face, he was always smiling when he was around Simon. After years of loving him, JJ could finally say that the boy he adored was finally his.

JJ ran a finger down Simon's cheek, the feeling of his finger gliding down Simon's skin was enough to set his heart on fire. He was so in love with him, he didn't want to miss a thing.

"God, you're so perfect" JJ whispered to Simon, who was totally unaware to what JJ was saying "I'm so lucky" He said, continuing to stroke Simon's cheek "So incredibly lucky"

JJ smiled gently, and pulled his hand back into his chest. He shut his eyes, thoughts of Simon taking over his mind. He reflected on the events of earlier of today, and thought about the recordings he needed to get done tomorrow.

The tours coming up, the people to meet. The games to play, the planes to catch.

JJ heard a soft whimpering, and he reopened his eyes with worry.

Simon was fidgeting, sniffling restlessly and balling his fists. His brows were narrowed and his forehead was creased in fear, and JJ felt his heart drop due to the fact Simon was scared.

"Hey, baby" JJ called, his voice croaking at the sudden volume he was speaking.

Simon rolled over, his whimpers becoming louder. JJ scooted closer to Simon, wrapping his arms around Simon's waist and pulling his boyfriend into his chest.

"Shush, it's okay, my love" JJ reassured, placing a kiss in crook of Simon's neck.

Simon shook his head, his breaths becoming heavier.

"Sweetheart, it's just a nightmare" JJ advised "It will all be fine soon, it's okay"

With a jolt, Simon shot up in the bed and out of JJ's arms, drenched in a cold sweat. JJ watched him try to catch his breath, but he heard faint sobs instead.

JJ sat up and wrapped his arm around Simon's shoulders, placing a kiss on his cheek. Simon ran his hands down his face, and did his best to compose himself.

"It was awful" He managed to wheeze out "It was about your flight-"

Simon cut himself off there with another sob, and JJ pulled him closer to him "I know, I know" He mumbled "but it'll be alright, I promise you, it was just a bad dream"

"Yeah" Simon replied weakly, turning to face JJ "Did I wake you?"

"No, no, of course not" JJ answered, taking Simon's hand in his own.

Simon nodded, and JJ yawned, rubbing his eyes. Simon flopped back down in the bed sheet, pulling JJ down with him. He snuggled himself into the protection of JJ's arms, suddenly feeling much safer and warmer. JJ rested his head in the back of Simon's neck, now feeling sleepy.

"Jide?" Simon called out in the silence of their bedroom.

"Yes?" JJ hummed in reply, feeling himself drift off.

Simon hesitated "Please don't go on that flight"

JJ pulled Simon closer to him "Ssh, let's get some rest" He felt Simon nod.

"I love you"

"I love you more, my darling"

29.01.17