15. Friends {Minizerk}

15. Friends

Simon squinted at his computer screen from where he was stood in the centre of his bedroom. He carefully watched the video of the couple dancing gracefully across a huge ballroom floor, and he sighed, knowing he'd never get that good. Simon looked down at his feet, and then back to the screen, and then started to move.

'This is so fucking stupid' Simon told himself, feeling embarrassed that he'd even attempted to try teach himself how to dance.

Cal had set Simon up for a date with one of his friends, and before Simon could even protest, he received a message from a girl named 'Kami' who seemed incredibly excited for whatever date Cal had arranged for them.

Simon had begged Cal to tell him at least something about the date, and he managed to squeeze out the information that he had to have at least some talent of dancing. Apparently Kami was an amazing dancer, and Simon was not. He felt pressured to know the basics, but after practising for almost 2 hours, dancing was so much more difficult than what Simon had originally thought.

The video started to come to an end, and as it did, Simon caught a glance at himself in the mirror. His long limbs weren't made for dancing. He didn't know where to put his arms, and he was stumbling over his own feet.

"Fuck this" Simon mumbled, falling back on to his bed.

The faint backing music from the video he was watching faded out, signalling the end of the video. Simon sighed, reaching for his phone. He pressed the home button, and groaned when he saw he had a message from Cal.

Hope you're ready for tonight ;)

Simon typed out a quick reply.

I can't dance Cal. I hate you.

He got a reply almost instantly.

Have a couple of drinks and you'll be fine!

Simon just scoffed, knowing that drinking was probably the worst idea possible. He tossed his phone back on to his pillow and lay there on the bed, debating what to do next.

Making a fool out of himself was something that didn't appeal to Simon, he wanted to know at least something. He'd been single for a long, long time, but that fact wasn't something that bothered Simon. He hadn't met the one, but he was certain that he'd know when he did.

He had an obsession with hands.

Simon shook his head, pulling himself from his thoughts. He dragged himself up from his bed and to his desk, he replayed the video and got back into his position in the centre of the room.

With a new found determination, Simon stuck his tongue out as he tried to copy the couple in the video. But it didn't work. Once again, Simon found his arms failing around, and he tripped over his own feet once more.

"Fuck!" He yelled, and as he did, he heard the sound of giggling from behind him.

Simon whipped around, his cheeks red with embarrassment. Josh stood in the door way, laughing loudly. Seeing Josh chuckling made Simon's cheeks burn an ever darker shade of tomato red, and he held his hands close to his chest, a common trait of Simon's.