7. You're cute {KSIStar}

7. You're cute

Vik fumbled with the folded up paper in his hands, nerves eating away at his stomach. He'd been stood by his bedroom door for almost 10minutes, staring across at JJ's closed bedroom door on the opposite side of the landing.

He wanted to tell JJ that he liked him, maybe in more than a 'friends' way, but he couldn't muster up enough courage to go and tell him to his face. He was too awkward for that, so Vik had wrote down a little note for JJ.

Sliding the note under JJ's door require more courage than Vik first though, making it difficult to go over there. Vik was afraid of how JJ would react, he didn't want to ruin their friendship.

But Vik refused to live in the dark.

With a sudden burst of confidence, Vik crossed over the landing, stopping outside of JJ's door. He raised his hand to knock, bit his lip, considered his options, and recoiled in fear.

"Come on, Vik" He whispered to himself "Just do it!"

Vik slid down the door, sitting on the floor just outside. He opened up the note, and read it over one final time.

JJ,

I want you to know that for quite a while now, I've looked differently at you. Your loud laugh, your crude sense of humour and cocky attitude are no longer a pain to me, they're things that I really like about you.

And I do really like you, maybe more than I should. I hope you realise that your effect on me is toxic, but I love it.

Its okay if you don't feel the same, but please don't tell the others...confessing this was hard enough.

-V x

Vik crossed his fingers, and with a deep breath, he slid the note under JJ's door. He pressed his ear against the wood, and he heard the sound of people faintly chatting in the background. Vik presumed JJ was playing Overwatch. The voices were turned down, and he heard footsteps as JJ approach the door.

He nearly stopped breathing when he heard JJ shuffling on the other side of the door. Vik heard JJ chuckle slightly, before he, like Vik, slid down the door and sat on the floor.

Vik waited anxiously, his heart in his mouth. The seconds spent waiting felt like they were going in slow motion, but he let out a bright smile when a piece of paper was slid back out from JJ's room, along with a pen, next to his hand.

Eagerly, Vik opened the note.

You're cute, Vik.
If you're expecting some kind of poetry back, you've written to the wrong guy. I could forward your letter to Charles Dickens if you want, he's a poet, right? (Or was he the guy that discovered evolution?)
I may not be a poet or a very good writter, but what I can do is tell you that your contagious giggle and bad puns are some of the few things I admire about about you. I would go on, but I would run out of paper.
And besides, I need room to ask - dinner on Saturday?x

Vik burst out laughing at the words on the paper, grinning like a maniac at JJ's silly note back to him. His cheeks burned red at the fact JJ called him 'cute', the compliment making his heart flutter. He took the pen, and jotted down a reply.

Charles Dickens was an author not a poet!

And you're thinking of Charles Darwin, who came up with the theory of evolution!

Did you even go to school?!

He slid the note back under the door, and heard JJ scoff after a moment. He covered his mouth with his hand to contain his giggles, and he happily read JJ's reply to his comment.

Oh come on!
Don't avoid my question, that's mean :(
I promise we won't go to Nando's, okay?
And if you write another sarcastic reply, I will open this door and tickle you until you say yes to dinner with me.

Vik automatically wrote his reply.

It will be my absolute pleasure to come to dinner with you

JJ smiled on the other side of the door.

You're cute, Star x

07.02.17