12. Idiot {Wroetostar}

12. Idiot

Vik bit his lip as the small, wooden boat swayed slightly, scrunching his eyes up and gripping onto the side of the boat with all his strength, his knuckles paling.

He heard Harry chuckling from where he was sat infront of him, and Vik's stomach did flips when Harry started to sway the boat on purpose. Vik gripped on to the safety of the boat even harder than before whilst Harry laughed louder at Vik's tense body and fear-written face.

"Fuck" Vik managed to wheeze out, keeping his eyes tightly shut, his stomach rocking back and forth in time with the boat "Stop it, Harry!" He pleaded.

Harry giggled, dipping the oar into the water and pushing the boat further into the lake whilst Vik whispered. Harry shook his head, smiling to himself. He leant back on the seat he was on, his arm resting on the side of the boat.

"Hey, Vik" Harry said, and Vik hummed a reply, but Harry just rolled his eyes "C'mon, don't you trust me?"

Vik hesitated "Yes," He replied "but not in the middle of a deep water lake with no safe way back"

"Vik" Harry groaned "Just open your eyes, it's beautiful"

"I can't" Vik insisted "You'll just rock the boat again!"

Harry chuckled "Okay, I promise I won't" He took Vik's hand in his own, running his thumb across Vik's knuckles "Look at me, baby"

Vik slowly peeked open one eye, and then the other. Harry's bright eyes lit up, and he smiled warmly. Vik gazed around, and he took in his surroundings.

It was surreal, green wildlife enclosed the boat. The trees stood tall, so tall that Vik couldn't look up at the top because he was too afraid that he'd fall back. The water was a deep green, and the sky was an even darker shade of blue.

Harry smiled "Nice, isn't it?"

Vik nodded, still holding Harry's hand "Do you know where we're going?"

Harry shrugged "It doesn't matter"

Vik gave Harry his 'are you serious' look, and Harry just laughed. Vik sighed, watching the scenery roll past gracefully. As time went past, Vik managed to let go of the boat side.

With a sudden gain of confidence, Vik leant slightly over the side of the boat, dipping his fingers into the water. The cold liquid wrapped around his fingers, and he soon dunked in his whole hand, cooking off his sweating palms. Harry smiled, and copied Vik's actions, his fingers dancing in the water as well.

Vik grinned, and flicked the water from his fingers at Harry, the water splashing over his tanned cheeks. Harry squealed, before shooting Vik a mischievous smirk.

"Oh, you've done it now" Harry curled his lips up in a smirk, and Vik rose a questioning brow.

Harry gripped the both sides of the boat on either side of Vik, and he already knew what he was thinking.

Vik folded his arms across his chest in a challenging way "Go on then"

"If you say so"

Harry started to sway the boat, even harder than he was before. Vik didn't think Harry would do it that hard, and the sharp movements took him off guard, and his hands gripped onto Harry's wrists whilst he squeaked.

After he stopped, Vik glared playfully at him "That's all you got?" He asked, sarcastically "Disappointed"

Harry just grinned "Okay, Vik, lets go"

The younger boy began to stand up, and Vik already regretted pushing Harry to far. He knew the kid had no fear, he knew how adventurous he was, and he never should've tried to challenge Harry. It was a big mistake.

"Harry, don't" Vik warned in a serious tone, watching the blonde boy struggling to get to his feet.

Harry ignored Vik, sticking his tongue out as he concentrated. Vik shook his head, against the idea of Harry standing up. Harry would fall in, and he didn't fancy having to recuse a soggy 20year old from a lake.

"You'll fall in" Vik said, confidently, before adding: "I'm not going in to save you either"

Harry let go of the sides, standing up in the middle of the small, wooden boat as it rocked slightly. He just grinned at Vik, who knew how this was going to end.

"Stand up" Harry commanded, holding out his arms.

"Fuck off" Vik scoffed, knowing full well that he'd fall in "I'm not doing that, I don't want to get wet"

But Harry was convinced that Vik could stand "I'll help you"

"I don't want your help"

Harry smirked, as Vik looked away. Harry wrapped his hands around Vik's, lacing their fingers together. He began to pull Vik up, and as he did, Vik started to squirm.

"The more you struggle, the more likely we are to go in!" Harry reminded, chuckling over Vik's panicked expression.

Vik stopped struggling, and picked his foot up to move forward. But when he put it back down, he leant to far to the left, and as he did, he felt himself falling. Vik tried to grab onto Harry's shirt for support, but it didn't work.

As Vik slipped, he tugged on the neck of Harry's black shirt, and the sudden jolt of their body's caused them to tumble over the side of the wooden boat, tipping it, and falling into the freezing water with an almighty splash.

Their heads went under, their hands were knocked from each other's grasp. When they resurfaced, Vik gasped at the sudden change in temperature, his body shaking.

"Holy shit, that's cold!" Harry exclaimed, his blonde hair sticking to his to his face.

Vik felt something slippery slide past his leg under the water, and he jumped at the feeling, throwing his arms in the water and splashing Harry.

"What the fuck was that?!" He yelled, squirming away from where he was.

Harry swam over to Vik, who hit him on the arm.

"This is your fault" He mumbled, wrapping his arms around Harry's neck, who put his hands on Vik's hips.

They looked over at the overturned wooden boat, which was slowly floating away from them. Harry started giggling at the situation, and soon enough, Vik was laughing too.

Vik rested his forehead against Harry's, shaking his head "Idiot"

Harry smiled, pulling Vik closer to him "Your idiot"

A/N:
Sarah's new song is so good, I'm in love

03.03.17