11. Stalker {Minizerk}

11. Stalker

Josh frowned as he stared through the small, glass window and into the confined space. He could faintly hear music, and he struggled to make out the lyrics coming from the stereo inside.

"We like our fun and we never fight,
You can't dance and stay uptight,
It's a supernatural delight,
Everybody was dancing in the moonlight"

There was man inside the basic cell, sat cross legged in the middle of the room on the floor despite the fact there was a wooden chair inside, with his eyes shut. He wore a orange jumpsuit with the number 1823 in grey across the left breast. The man's hair was especially fluffy, and he was extremely tall even though he was sat down. To Josh, he appeared as if he was in his 20s. Josh felt uncomfortable looking at him, and all he was doing was sitting.

"Is that Toploader?" Josh's friend and fellow officer at the asylum, Tobi, asked whilst arching a brow.

Josh sighed, watching the guy "Yeah" He admitted "He's been listening to the same song for about 2 hours now"

"He's weird" Tobi informed.

"You can't say that about a patient" Josh deadpanned, turning away from the window and to Tobi "Who is he, anyway?"

Tobi lowered his eyes, flicking through the papers on his clipboard before beginning to read "His name is Simon Minter, 24, been living in London for 3 years" Tobi hummed as he scanned the paper "He works as a football coach, has a passion for reading, artwork and guitar"

Josh shuffled awkwardly, the fact that this man who'd been stalking him for the past 2 and a half years seemed so normal.

"Is that it?" Josh questioned quietly "He's just some random guy? No criminal record, no reports of being unpredictable or dangerous?"

Tobi nodded "There's nothing" Josh looked away, his eyes moving back to Simon "I'm sorry"

Josh didn't reply, he didn't know how. He didn't know what to say after finding out that his stalker was just some guy. Some insane, rather attractive guy.

After working in an asylum for 6years, Josh should've known better. People are never what you expect. The worse people blend in with the crowd, they could be that person that sold you a chicken sandwich in Tesco, or the stranger with the pink polka dot umbrella. He never expected something like this to happen to him, but it just proved that the world isn't what it seemed.

The song finished, Tobi and Josh watched carefully to see what Simon would do. He opened his eyes, which were a bright blue. He looked Josh dead in the face, making him feel very nervous.

This man knew everything about Josh, and he'd never even said a word. This man had followed Josh everyday of his life for almost 3 years, and Josh had never seen him before. Josh felt vulnerable and exposed, so he had to look away.

Tobi put his hand on Josh's shoulder supportively, and they heard the song starting over again. Tobi glanced back in the cell, and Simon had shut his eyes.

"Let's go" Tobi suggested, noticing his friend's distress "We should let the police handle this"

Josh shook his head "No, I want to talk to him" Tobi widened his eyes ludicrously "I need answers"