Chapter 3- sometimes I need to cry

A/N Third chapter is up!!! So as you guys know this is my first percabeth fanfic so please tell me what you think and vote for it!!! So far I've got 11 reads and I'm so happy!!! Thanks for reading guys I hope you like it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Annabeth's POV:

After Percy and me finally got out of the lake I left him to go pack my stuff. Im still in shock. Im going to high school. I'm not scared about the work but about everything else. What if we get bullied? What if we all separate? What if Percy finds someone better?

"OK stop Annabeth. You're once again thinking of the worst case scenario." I spoke aloud to myself. I noticed I talk to myself a lot it calms me down.

I get back to packing. I start putting in my clothes. I realized I put at least 8 camp half-blood shirts in my bag. I took them all out except for 2. I need something from home and this is it beside my necklace. I continue to pack my clothes. I made sure to put my favorite gray shirts, jeans, sweaters, converse, vans, hoodies, shorts, tanks, undies and bras. I even added a few dressed and skirts. Who knows they could come in handy?

I didn't go overboard though. I knew I could always go shopping. And if worse came to worse I would have to call Aphrodite but that was only a last resort and let me repeat. LAST RESORT.

"Now time for the rest," I said with a sigh.

On my bed sat a pile of books, journals, and blueprints. I sat down and started sorting through them. I made two piles. On for the stuff I'm bringing and the other pile was staying. I ended up only brining the blueprints I had made for Olympus with me since I was still rebuilding. I also kept two notebooks to bring with me.

Next I started to sort through my books. Who knew I had so many books on architecture. I don't even remember when I got them. I put all the ones I had read to the side, which was a majority of them. I ended up with two books. One called "Architecture: Greek or Roman? Similarities, differences, and more inside!" and "Greatest Architectural Achievements Through the Ages."

Looking down at my luggage I realized how much of a nerd I really am. How is Percy going to like me when he sees all those perfect girls with their perfect bodies? Next to them I must look like a fat drakon standing next to a goddess.

As if on cue Percy walks in. He sees my thinking face and knows I'm putting myself down some how. I don't understand how he can read me so we'll at times then be so clueless other times. He stopped where he was and put his hand out as if to say stop.

"Annabeth whatever your thinking stop. I know your thinking about school and your worried about it. There's nothing to be worried about."

"But..but..What about those other girls. What if their better then me. What if you find a new wise girl." I said glumly. I know I sound stupid but its what I was thinking. I just needed to tell Percy I couldn't hold in my worries.

"Annabeth Chase. Your worried I might fall for another girl. I assure you I will never fall for another girl. None of those girls stand a chance. Your my one and only wise girl. I love you Annabeth heck I fell in to tartaurus for you!" he said. And once he said it he realized his mistake.

I broke.

I broke down tears streaming down my face. I did that to him. I brought him into that hellhole. It was my fault, my fault he fell. He would have been fine. But no. I had to drag him to a place we might not recover from. I am the reason his nightmares became worse. I'm the reason he gets black outs. I'm the reason he had to suffer. I'm the reason he almost died. I almost killed him. It's my fault. My fault.

"Annabeth...ANNABETH!"

I was on the floor sobbing and he was next to me holding me. Just like when we were falling.

"its..It's...my fault. You suffer...be-because of me... I almost KILLED YOU!!!! I said half screaming half sobbing.

"No, no Annabeth its not your fault it was my decision. I did it for you. You did nothing wrong."

"Percy... how do you act so strong? I get the nightmares, the visions of us back in there and I know you do too. Sometimes I just can't handle it." I say looking up at him.

He smiled a little but I could see the tears in his eyes.

"I did it...for you wise girl. Cause I love you." he pulled me into a hug.

His arms wrapped around me made me feel safe. I knew if Percy was with me nothing could harm me. He loves me and I love him. I could feel his tears in my hair. His shirt was covered with my tears. I shook uncontrollably.

I needed to let this all out. All the nightmares and visions have been getting worse I just needed someone to hold me and that person was Percy. We sat on the floor of my cabin crying for who knows how long but we finally separated.

"I came in here to get you for dinner. You can sit with me if you like."

I nod and he stands up. He holds out his hand and I take it gladly. He wraps his arm around me because I was still crying. I shook a little bit but I quieted down to a few sniffles. We walk outside and get a few stares but all look away quickly as they see me crying and Percy's tear stained face.

They all know about Tartarus and choose to leave the topic alone. I'm thankful for that cause I don't like to be pitied. I'm strong I don't need people to feel sorry for me.

We reach the pavilion and I sit down next to Percy. We get quite a few stares because of the rule about tables but Chiron let it slide once he saw our condition. I know it's hard for the campers and even Chiron when they see us in this state. I was supposed to be the fierce brilliant child if Athena who concurred every quest with our leader the selfless and brave son of Poseidon. Sadly they are getting all to familiar with us being like this.

I laid my head on Percy's chest. I finally stopped crying but the stains were still there.

"feel better?"

"Yeah...yeah I do." I answer, cause at that moment I knew I could get through it. As long as I had Percy by my side I could do anything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N Thanks for reading guys! Please vote! It would mean a lot lovely readers!

~Katt