Jason Grace X Reader AU

Hi guys! I'm in Budapest, Hungary! I won't update a lot since I'm kinda busy with being a tourist and stuff. Ok enjoy?

Warnings: Super weird. Staged in the medieval ages. Cliché af

•|| Narrator's POV ||•

You lived in a rather small village. Your home, near a creek, was mostly isolated. Your father, a king's guard, had a low income of money. Your life was filled with struggling poverty. Your mother, with a caring smile, suffered, and had died at childbirth.

According to your father, her last words were, "Take care of (Y/N); take care of yourself." She also left you her locket, which contained pictures of her.

One of those days where you sneaked out to view the village, you stopped by a nearby bakery, selling all kinds of bread and pastries (A/N mind you, I didn't do research about this). You went inside the small bakery (which you went to quite often), and went up to the owner.

"My, (Y/N), aren't you going to get in trouble if you sneak off again?" The lady asked you. You shook your head and bought a cheap, but stale bread for you to munch on.
"There has been a thief, stealing from every house in the village!" You perked up at this, something new to learn about. "You better tell your father, he must be warned!" She exclaimed, her eyes shifting around. It could be anyone in this village! A blur of blonde locks whizzed past. Annabeth.

"Annabeth!" You shrieked. The blur didn't stop. You were pretty sure there was no other blonde in the small town, the blondes seemed to be the in the top of the hierarchy and didn't have time to spend with the plebeians.

A blonde across a carriage screamed back. "What? I'm busy with the flowers!" She arranged a bouquet filled with colorful flowers. "We have to take them to the royals!"

You approached her, after saying goodbye to the nice lady, and helped her arrange them. "They have to be perfect, father said if they aren't, they would... "dismiss" him."

Oh, crap.

After you both finished, you jumped on the wagon and talked till you reached the castle? It was an hour away, but anything for those nobles.

"Say, what'd you think about the thief? I think I've seen him run past me once. I thought it was you." You told the cool blonde next to you. She thought for a while, and decided it would be best if she commented briefly on the subject.

"It was hectic, the town was mad! He hasn't stolen anything from us yet, I guess he's waiting for someone special. Since flowers are a symbol of romance."

You nodded, and then stayed silent for the rest of the ride. The bumpy dirt roads and the view on the horizon was breathtaking. You found it hard to imagine the future of this land. As you began to space out, you found yourself thinking about the future and past of not the land, but you. It was all kind of existential.

You were glared at while you crossed the pathway into a noble's giant luxurious home. There were guards outside, patrolling the perimeter. They looked at our wagon, and nodded. They let us in.

"Your lordship," we both bowed down to the noble. He nodded expectantly, looking down at both of us. "We've brought the flowers you have requested."

We signaled towards the cart, and in a blonde blur, a bouquet was gone. The noble saw this, and told us to locate the bouquet, since apparently his servants couldn't do it. We nodded and gave the rest of the bouquets to his servants. You bit your tongue to refrain from blurting out your intrusive thoughts. 'Oh, so now the servants work. Where were you when they took the bouquet?!'

You sighed, "Ok, I take the left you take the right." Annabeth nodded, and started going in the opposite direction.

You entered the gardens, in which a maze was in sprawled out throughout the gardens. 'Damn nobles and their unexplainable obsession with mazes!'

You entered the apparent hellhole, and quietly sneaked through the confusion and bushes place. You took a sharp left, and encountered a rose. Attached to it, was a note (A/N Idk what's going on anymore).

"One of the flowers! This is going smoothly!" You picked it up and read the note.

"What side is considered the devil's side? Choose the opposite." Right, you had to go right. You turned right with the white rose resting on your palm. You encountered a crossroads, and a another rose sitting in the middle of the start of them crossroads. Another note was attached.

"Congratulations, (Y/N). Left." Well, that was straightforward, you thought. You scanned your surroundings. More than one rose was there! The rest of the bouquet was laid out in the shape of the heart. How in the hell was the thief able to lay out all these roses in time? Only gods know. The guy, peered out from behind a bush. He blushed.

You were startled and jumped a bit. The colorful roses were dropped onto the green grass, emitting a small thud sound. "Y-you're the thief?" You looked at the formation of the rest of the roses. Sprawled, their heart form stood out to you. "You are infatuated with me? I don't even live inside the town! You steal items from innocent people!" You whisper-shouted. The boy, he looked taken aback. As if you would fall in love with a stalker! You had to admit it was kinda cute.

"I-I was selfish. I only wanted the better for my family. Not the shopkeepers- I wanted to be the leader for my family, help them-" he sighed deeply. "Then I saw you; you were so helpful to the other girl and I er, stalked you for a while. I fell infatuated with you." He cast a sorrowful look at the grass.

"Huh, didn't really expect that. But, baby steps. (1000th word!) I'll get you there. I haven't forgiven you, but in due time." You smiled, and nodded. He looked away, and proceeded to retrieve something from his trouser's pockets. He started pulling, and a brown string started coming out. "I believe this locket is yours, madam."

Your locket! You gasped in relief, and almost wrenched the heart locket out of his hands. "By the way, I'm Jason Grace, at your service." You nodded, and he went to return the bouquet. You stood there, for a great while, before leaving.

He stole your heart.