Johnny X Reader

Glasses

Warnings: Nope. Fluff, maybe. Request more from The Outsiders, or Rumble Fish, if you want!

~~~

    A kicked puppy. That's what the boy reminded you of. You had seen him around school a few times before but you had never said anything to him. He was cute, in that kicked puppy sorta way.

   Mrs. Reyes directed your attention to the front of the class and you took your eyes off your new science partner.

    You were Sophomores this year and honestly, you weren't looking forward to having Environmental Science at any point. Mrs. Reyes droned on, and on, and on. The big baby bump protruding from her stomach made you hope she would go into labor any second, just so she would quit talking.

    The boy next to you was bouncing his leg up and down at a steady pace. His eyebrows were drawn together and a scar ran across his cheek. He had greased up black hair the hung over his forehead like a shaggy puppy.

    Mrs. Reyes told the class its assignment. Good news: She shut up. Bad news: It was a group project with the person beside you.

   All of your past partners were as dumb as a bag of bricks and you hated doing all the work. Doing a project right meant hours of work by yourself, since your partners would never help and boy was that annoying. Ugh, this isn't going to be fun.

    You stifled a groan and flipped a page open in your notebook. You noticed the boy beside you still looked confused. You rolled your eyes and pushed up your glasses.

   He's probably just as bad as all the others. You thought miserably.

   No, something seemed wrong. They usually ask you what to do or something, but this kid just kept staring at the door. Was he stoned or something?

    "You okay?" You asked. The boy turned his gaze to you and you saw the shiny black pools that were his eyes. You smiled a little. He grinned sheepishly at you, his tanned cheeks turning rosy.

    "I don't know what we're doing," He admitted. You pointed to the board at the front of the room. You two were a couple tables back and it was kinda far away. He scratched the back of his neck.

    "The assignment is on the board up front," You said and he frowned. Maybe he was just confused about what to do.

    "It's, er, the board is blurry. I can't read the board." He mumbled the words out. So he couldn't see the board? Why hadn't he said anything? Did he usually wear glasses? You'd never seen him with glasses.

    "Where's your glasses? That's why you can't see the board, right?" You asked. He nodded and then he shrugged.

    "I've never had glasses, I guess I didn't think I needed them." He squinted up at the board and you took off your glasses. He noticed what you were doing and held his hands out.

    They were thick rimmed, light brown/almost gold, glasses. The boy put them on before smiling at you.

   "Can you see the board?" You asked and he nodded with a large smile on his face. You pulled out your spare glasses and put them on. He laughed softly and you smiled brightly at him.

   "I'm Johnny, nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for you to shake. It seemed like the denim jacket was too small for him, because when he stuck out his hand his sleeve rose up a few inches. You tried not to pull it back down as you clasped his hand.

    "Y/n. It's nice to meet you too, Johnny." Maybe this partner wasn't going to be so bad after all.