Darry X Reader (pt2)

A Not So Beautiful Thing

Warnings- Birth. I also know nothing about birth, so I'm going off of what I've seen on television...

Note- This is the part two to the first Darry X Reader where Darry's lady-friend got preggers. I shouldn't be allowed to name ANYTHING.

~~~

   Darry's hand was spread out across your belly as you two slept. Your gigantic planet of a stomach was taking up most of the room in the bed, but Darry still insisted on sharing a bed with you. You were laying on your side and he was curled up next to you. It was sweet really.

   You had been woken up by small pains in your stomach. It was different then what it felt like with the babies kick. It felt a bit like cramping. You screwed your face up and sat up. Darry moved with you. His eyes snapped open and he watched you carefully.

   "You gotta go to the bathroom, Y/n?" Darry asked. You gritted your teeth and shook your head. Darry's eyes widened and he threw the covers off of himself. "Is it time?"

   "I think I'm having contractions. I think I'm going into labor!" You gritted your teeth as another contraction pulled your muscles. You'd noticed your stomach had been laying lower about a week before and that was always the first sign of labor. Oh, you knew it was coming. At least you'd carried until the nine month mark.

   "I'll wake everyone up and start the truck!" Darry was yanking his pants on and stuffing his socked feet into shoes. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and turned on the lamp before trying to stand. Darry was hollering at the boys to wake up. Johnny, with sleepy eyes and messy hair, walked into your room and helped you wobble out of the room. You were cradling the bottom of your bump.

   The entire gang had decided to stay over at the Curtis house when you'd reached 38 weeks pregnant. You were, now, about 40 to 41 weeks. Well, that didn't seem to matter now that labor was starting.

   "Oh, shit." The words followed the sound of the screen door slamming shut. Darry was in the front of the house looking extremely frightened. His face was pale and Two-Bit didn't look to alright either. You paused slightly and looked at Darry carefully.

   "What's wrong?" Your mind began to go into hyper drive. Darry pointed over his shoulder and you looked. A white substance had overtaken everything with a different color. It was above the porch's steps and the truck looked submerged. You felt your knees begin to buckle.

   "There's five and a half feet of snow and it's the middle of the night. The roads are covered and we're snowed in." Darry's pale face made sense now.

   "And I'm in labor. Oh my god." You were ushered to the couch. As soon as you sat down another contraction hit and it was worse than the first couple. You grabbed onto the arm of the couch and breathed in deeply instead of screaming.

   "You're having contractions?!" Ponyboy's eyes were wide and he looked wild.

   "Of course she is! Why do you think we're trying to get her to the hospital?" Dallas exclaimed. Pony shook his head violently.

   "No! When was your last contraction? Besides the one you just had?" Pony asked. Everyone was watching you and Pony with tense bodies.

   "Less than two minutes." You stated softly. Pony looked at Darry with a serious look. You could see the gears turning in the youngest Curtis' head. He scoffed and motioned to you.

   "She would have given birth in your truck. You wouldn't have made it to the hospital even without the snow." Pony stated and began to shift his weight from one foot to the other.