Two-Bit X Reader

Rainy Day Soulmate

Triggers- None. It should be cute.

Note- I think I've perfected fluff in this one! Usually my fluff indicates death and angst. Whelp.

~~~

   Rain was hitting the roof of your house. The soft pinging of small droplets hitting the tin sent a serene feeling through your body. You snuggled deeper into your boyfriends chest. He smelled like hair grease and fabric softener. Maybe that was more of your bed sheets than him, though. The two of your were wrapped up in each other. Nothing but the comforting sounds of your synced breathing.

   Two-Bit's hand was running through your hair and you were tracing circles on the back of his hand. He pulled the blanket  closer around the two of you. You were both fully clothed and laying in a pile of blankets on your bed. It was a little nest to the two of you. The room was dimly lit, the only source of light a window to the right of you both. It was a cloudy day in Tulsa and you just wanted to stay inside. Two-Bit hadn't objected to that.

   "I think I'm a pluviophile, ya know." You finally broke the silence. His hand quit moving through your hair.

   "Did you just say pedophile? Y/n, that's fucked up." Two-Bit's grey eyes were dancing with his scatterbrained sense of humor. He was teasing you. You smiled softly and shook your head.

   "I said pluviophile. It means 'lover of rain'." You explained as you watched the rain run down the window. You felt so safe and warm. Two-Bit was helping with that, of course.

   "I like that. We'll be pluviophiles together." Two-Bit kissed the tip of your nose. He wrapped his one arm around you tighter while the other began to play with your hair. You gave a soft laugh and turned your head up to look at him. He had big grey eyes that looked so familiar. His rusty colored side-burns led up to his light brown hair. God, he was something.

   Two-Bit's eyes were your favorite feature of his. His grey eyes reminded you of a rain storm. Yeah, his eyes were the rain, his jokes the lightning, and his laugh the thunder. You smiled and gave him a small kiss. He smiled down at you. His eyes were roaming your face and taking your features in. He was always very loving to you. He treated you right and you couldn't thank him enough.

   "I love you, Y/n." Two-Bit pulled you even closer and kissed you. It was soft and gentle. His lips weren't that rough and you couldn't never taste a hint of beer. He'd never kiss you if he was drunk. He said he did it out of respect and you never doubted it.

   "And I love you, Kieth." You smiled up at him. He looked very confused for a second before laughing and burying his face in the crook of your neck. You giggled at his warm breath tickling your neck.

   "What?" You giggled out and tried to sit up. He was laughing, but he met your eyes anyway.

   "I forgot I was Kieth." He said and put his face in his hands. You laughed too and pulled him into your arms. You laid back down and he moved to put his head on your stomach. Your hands were threaded together and you were looking at his face.

   "I've never met anyone as scatterbrained as you." You teased and he rolled his eyes. He smiled broadly like it was a complement. He kissed your stomach and closed his eyes. You closed yours and listened to the rain. You couldn't fall asleep, so you just left your eyes closed. Before long you felt Two-Bit move and wrap you in his arms again.

   "I love you, Y/n." He said the words softly and quietly. You had to strain to hear over the steady beat of the rain. "I think I've really found the love of my life. I could settle down with you, ya know? I can see us together forever. I can see us sitting on a porch surrounded by children and grandchildren."

   Your heart leaped at the thought of family. You'd never had to good of one, but you wanted one so much. You'd never told anyone how much you wanted that, not even Two-Bit. His voice was full of seriousness. You kept listening.

   "I can see us sitting on that porch clearly, too. I see me with a chubby stomach from all of your good cooking and I can see you. I see you clearer than anything else. You've got loads of grey hair, but it frames your face in just the right way. You're older, but nothing less than perfect. I can't wait for that, ya know. I can't wait for the future."

   His lips pressed against your forehead and he cuddled you closer. You truly love that man. You truly do.