Darry X Reader

The Beginning Of A Beautiful Thing

Trigger warnings- Nope.

Note- Sorry for not posting in so long. This is my Father's Day contribution. Also, I don't know how ultrasounds work... so it might not be super accurate. Too late now.

~~~

   You had been avoiding Darry since you found out you were pregnant. For some reason, the news wasn't something you were finding easy to incorporate into words. How could you tell your boyfriend you were having his baby? Darry was having to bust his ass working two jobs to keep up his two brothers. How far was he going to have to go to help cover a baby? You worked too, of course. But you were terrified anyway.

   You stood in front of your bathroom mirror with your shirt up. You were showing a little, but it wasn't too noticeable. You ran your hand across your stomach. Oh, this was really happening. Oh, wow.

   You sighed loudly and ran your hands through your hair. You lived alone in your house not too far from where the Curtis boys lived. You could walk there in about five minutes. It would probably be fifteen minutes once your baby bump caused you to wobble.

   A knock against your door sounded out. You knew it was Darry and you were filled with dread. This was probably the best time to tell him. You fixed your shirt and wiped the stray tears out of your eyes. You really hoped that Darry wouldn't be upset with you. He would probably be more upset that you hadn't talked to or seen him in over a week. But for some reason, that didn't make anything better.

   You shuffled to the door and opened it for him. Darry was standing and looking at you with those piercing blue eyes. He was real handsome, even with the upset look on his face. Oh, you hoped to God he wasn't about to break up with you right then and there. You'd only been dating for about a year, but you'd known each other for a life time.

   Darry leaned forward and kissed the tip of your nose. You exhaled shakily and grabbed his hand. You pulled him into your house before shutting the door behind him. Darry didn't disrupt your interlocked fingers as you pulled him into your living your room.

   "Sit down." You stated softly. His eyebrows raised slightly as he sat down. You were trying to swallow the lump in your throat. Your fingers itched to run across you stomach again, but you refrained.

   "What's going on, Y/n?" Darry's eyes searched yours for anything. You kept eye contact with him and drew in a breath. What was the big deal about telling him? He would probably react decently. Maybe he'd be happy.

   "Y/n, are you okay?" Darry took your hands in his and watched you carefully. His face was riddled with concern. You felt tears prick your eyes and you decided to just spit it out.

   "I'm pregnant." You said softly. Darry blinked and his eyes shot down to your stomach. His mouth was agape. No response yet. How long had it been since you said it? An hour? A day? A year?

   "Is it mine?" Darry looked up at you with a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. You exhaled a laugh and nodded vigorously.

   "You're the only one for me, Darry." You smiled and blinked back your tears. He pulled his hand out of yours and held it up. He looked to you for permission. You pulled your shirt up and he slid his hand across your belly.

   "Oh, golly. I-" Darry's voice cracked and he pressed his forehead onto your stomach. "I'm gonna be a father. You're gonna be a mother. We're gonna have a baby!"

   Darry laughed and kissed the spot right above your naval. You ran a hand over his hair and laughed again. Why were you so worried anyway?

   "C'mon." Darry stood up and pulled you towards the door. You followed him slowly.