Dallas

Family Means Love

Warnings- Dallas is a warning all by himself. So...

Note- It's a kid!Dallas. I wrote a lot on this one. 3, 779 words.

~~~

    It had been raining for days now. Most of the time it was in faint sprinkles and other times, like now, the rain came down so quick and hard you couldn't see how to drive. Mr. and Mrs. Curtis had decided now was the best time to get groceries. Since Mrs. Curtis was apprehensive about driving in the rain, she let her husband drive. Her two youngest boys were at her house being watched by her eldest son, Darry. He had turned fourteen in January and insisted he have more responsibility around the house. It was very helpful for him to watch Soda and Pony while their parents were away.

    "I don't think it's rained this hard since I was a kid." Mr. Curtis leaned forward in the driver's seat and squinted his eyes to see out of the window. Mrs. Curtis clutched the bag of groceries in her arms. Maybe it was the storm that was making her feel so strange. She felt like something was going to happen. Whether it was good or bad, she had no clue. But the fact that it was only four o'clock and the sky was pitch black wasn't helping.

    The roar of the rain was drowning out the sounds of the other cars passing by. There had only been three other cars on the road the entire time the Curtis' had been out. The most unnerving part was, they were all going the opposite direction. Maybe Mrs. Curtis was being paranoid, or maybe something really was wrong.

    "Oh my god." Mr. Curtis slowed to a stop. The headlights of the car were shining on the road in front of them. Four boys were fighting in the middle of the road at little ways down. By the looks of it, it was three against one. Three older looking boys, maybe in their late teens or early twenties, were pushing a young kid, with a backpack, around. The kid couldn't have been any older than the Curtis' oldest son. A cold feeling spread through Mrs. Curtis' chest.

    The kid was glaring daggers at them. The three boys were circling him like he was prey. Every now and then one would shove him, but the kid just stood there. He was watching the tallest boy with wild eyes. They continued circling him. He had his fists clenched and a nasty sneer on his face. One of the boys kicked his leg out from underneath him and he fell to one knee. The tallest boy raised his fist and smashed it across the little boys' face. Mrs. Curtis gasped and Mr. Curtis placed a hand on her arm.

    The younger kid hit the ground and the three boys took turns kicking and hitting him. Thunder rumbled as the boy got kicked more and more. After, what felt like, ten minutes of them beating the boy, they stepped back to appreciate their work. They laughed and pointed and the boy curled into a ball on the ground. His face turned toward them and Mrs. Curtis saw the blood that was rushing out of his nose in rivets. Her heart dropped and she covered her mouth. The kid moved his leg and stood up. He turned his head to the side and spit blood all across the ground. Mrs. Curtis looked hard, but could see no tears running down his face.

    He wasn't crying, if anything, he was angry. Lightning lit up the sky as the kid sauntered forward and slugged the tallest boy in the face. Mr. Curtis flinched and his mouth fell open. The two other boys quit laughing and watched as their leader fell to the ground while clutching his face. The taller kid was sprawled on the ground looking dazed. The kid raised his foot and stomped his face. The other two boys rushed forward to try and get the little boy on the ground. The kid flipped a switch-blade open and they didn't dare get any closer. The two other boys held their hands up in surrender and grabbed their friend off the ground. They pulled him up and started running away with him in the middle.