Ponyboy (2)

Sneezes and Wheezes

Warnings: None. It's cute.

Note: This is a continuation of the oneshot before. A lovely person commented and their preferences will be done. :)

~~~

   The kitten had been with the boys for three weeks. It was going very well for the six of them. (Ponyboy, Two-Bit, Soda, Johnny, Dally, and Steve.) A couple days after Pony and Soda decided to keep Pudding a secret from their eldest brother, the other four boys had discovered the black fluff-ball. Darry, incredibly, didn't know yet. Pony and Soda's plan was working very well. Pudding slept in a cage they hid under their bed and was free to roam the house when Darry wasn't around. If Darry worked nights, instead of days, Dally or Soda would let the cat out or keep it out of Darry's sight. Pudding was quiet and that was a blessing.

   The boys had fallen in love with the yellow-eyed feline. Even Dallas, who claimed to not like Pudding, held and petted him. When nobody was looking, he'd kiss the top of his head and coo at him. Pony had no shame in giving the cat affection. A little too much affection if you asked anyone else.

   "You said Pudding was the runt didn't ya?" Steve asked Pony. Pony nodded. They were in the Curtis house and were watching as Pudding ate some of the left over food from the night before. He ate like a dog and was as quiet as a mouse.

   "Yeah. That's what Curly said," Pony muttered before going back to his book.

   "I think you're feeding him too much." Johnny was looking at Soda and Pony as he spoke. Pony closed his book and took a long glance at Pudding. Soda pursed his lips and glanced at Pony.

   "No, I'm not. He's just growing." Pony insisted. He'd only feed Pudding three times a day. Morning, mid-day, and night. That was how they fed their dog when they had him.

   "Yeah. His stomach is growing!" Steve exclaimed. Two-Bit gave a barking laugh as the kitten began to lick itself clean.

   "Quit fat-shaming our cat!" Pony scolded and threw a book in his friend's direction. Two-Bit dodged it, but fell off the back of the arm-chair. Soda laughed as Two-Bit groaned. Steve was stuffing his face with chocolate cake. Pony rolled his eyes. And he was fat-shaming the cat...

   The grinding engine of Darry's truck sounded outside of the house. Pony grabbed the cat as the others hid the cat toys they had gotten for Pudding. Two-Bit had swiped a couple things of cat-nip, wind-up mice, and a feather attached to a long handle. He was very proud to have gotten it all from one store.

   Pony closed the door to his room and took his placed on the floor next to Johnny and his book. Darry came in just as Two-Bit started telling a joke and Soda dealt some cards for a game. Darry sneezed as soon as he walked in. Yeah, he'd been sneezing a lot lately. His icy blue/green eyes were constantly watering and puffy. He must have been coming down with something.

   Darry sneezed a few more times before he was even able to cross the half-way point of the living room. Dally wiped his hand across his face and glared at Darry. He'd sneezed on the temperamental blond.

   "What the fuck..." Dally said softly. His blue eyes were wide and he was watching Darry walk away with a clenched jaw. Pony fidgeted with the carpet and glanced up at his friends and siblings every now and then.

   A crash sounded in a nearby room. Everyone's heads snapped up and looked around. It came from Soda and Pony's room, where the cat was.

   "What the hell was that?" Darry was standing now and was walking toward his younger brothers' room. The thought of Darry throwing the cat out forced Pony to move. Before he could realize what he was doing, the youngest Curtis sibling had wrapped himself around Darry's leg and was biting him.

   "Ponyboy! What the fuck are you doing?" Darry tried to raise his leg to walk, but Pony bit down harder. "Ponyboy, stop!"

   Two-Bit jumped into action. He pushed past Darry into Soda and Pony's room before shutting the door. Darry was cursing as Pony tightened his hold on Darry's leg. He was sitting on his foot, arms and legs wrapped around both legs, and his teeth baring down on Darry's right leg.

   "Get off me!" Darry yelled. Darry swore and reached for the door handle. He was a lot closer than Ponyboy had thought, because he almost got the door open when Johnny jumped on his back. Pony grinned, still biting Darry's leg. Johnny had his legs wrapped around Darry's sides, his hands were wrapped in Darry's hair, and his arms were trying to cover Darry's eyes.

   "Johnny! Ponyboy!" Darry started to twist his body in attempt to knock, at least one of, the two boys off. Soda jumped in front of him and the door. He smiled his charming smile, but Darry wasn't having any of it.

   Darry fell back against one of the walls and Johnny let out a sharp gasp. Dally leaped up and yanked Darry back to his original standing position. Steve was next to Soda with blocking the door and Dally grabbed Darry around the waist and dropped to his knees like a sack of potatoes. Darry was locked in a position where he wasn't able to move.

   Two-Bit burst through the front door covered in dirt, twigs, and even some trash. Everyone was quiet as they looked at him. His dancing grey eyes held a lot more mischief than normal. He looked out of the door and back at his friends.

   "I chased a couple raccoons off. They were pillaging through the trash. I saw some pudding containers out there, so I guess that's what drew them near." Two-Bit grinned before jumping over the couch and landing in a sitting position. Dallas, Johnny, and Ponyboy released Darry. Soda and Steve walked casually back to the couch. Two-Bit had gone through the window and put Pudding outside. He was very clever.

   "What the hell is a matter with you guys?!" Darry demanded. He pulled his pant's leg up to reveal red bite marks. Pony looked down in embarrassment. Darry ruffled his hair and a bunch of strands fell out. Johnny looked at the ceiling and twiddled his thumbs. Darry glared at Dallas.

   "You sneezed in my face." Dallas said in monotone. Darry rolled his eyes before walking off to his room.

   "You're all crazy. I'm going to bed." Darry's bedroom door shut and the guys all let out a sigh of relief. They all cared about the little kitten. It had grown close to their hearts, even Dally's. Pudding Curtis was going to be around for as long as they can keep him a secret.

   Soda ruffled Pony's hair and they let Pudding back inside the house.