Chapter 7 Defense Against the Dark Arts Class

Alina went downstairs to the Great Hall for lunch where she met up with Dylan, Samantha and Maxine.

"So what happened to Professor Snape?" Sam asks.

"Nothing, a slap on the wrist."

"You're kidding, after what he pulled!"

"Oh, he didn't get away unscathed," Alina says with a smirk.

"What happened?" All three say at the same time.

"Logan grabbed him by the throat and threatened him, using his claws."

Dylan bursts out laughing. "I bet you he pissed himself just by the glare Logan gave him!" Dylan says between guffaws.

"Speaking from experience?" Samanatha asks.

Dylan stops laughing "Yes," then he starts laughing again.

"When did that happen?" Alina asks him

"When Logan thought we were dating."

Dylan and Alina looked at each other, "Eew gross!" They say then laugh and high five. Dylan and Alina could never be more than best friends.

They go into the Great Hall and take a seat at the Gryffindor table, they are suddenly surrounded by all the seventh year Gryffindors.

"What happened, Alina why did Snape try to hex you?" Oliver Wood asks.

"He lost his temper when I told him he sucked at Legilimency."

"Why would you tell him that?" Asked another seventh that saw the whole thing.

"Because he was using it on Dylan, Sam, and Max  then he tried with me and failed."

"He did?!" The other three say in unison.

"Yep."

"Why did he do that?" Angela asks

"I have no idea what information he wanted."

"Well, obviously you didn't get expelled, that's good."

As they're talking, Snape walks by glancing at the Gryffindor table he makes eye contact with Alina and he shutters, remembering the burly man with the claws who is immune to magic. She smirks, raises a glass to him, he sneers at her. Alina chuckles and shakes her head, ah if he only knew who her grandfathers is. She goes back to eating and talking with the other Gryffindors.

Remus chuckled at the silent exchanged that he had just witnessed between Alina and  Severus. He had heard what had happened in potions class today, like everyone else in the castle had. He too wondered why Severus would resort to using the Legilimency Spell on a student and why that would lead to him wanting Alina to be expelled. Remus was glad though, that nothing came of  Snape's attempts.

The rest of the afternoon went by smoothly, and the the rest of the classes went off without a hitch. That is until the quartet got to their last class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Art. They walk into class 3C, looking around they noticed that an iron chandelier hung from the ceiling, as well as a dragon's skeleton. On one end of the classroom stands a projector that is activated by magic. Several desks and tables can be found in the classroom as well as some sets of large windows.

"Nice." Dylan and Alina say at the same time.

They go and sit on the far side of the room where they had the best view of the class Alina and Dylan at on table, with Max and Sam sitting behind them. Slowly but surely the classroom began to fill up, Gyffindor on their side of the room and Hufflepuff on the other. Once everyone arrives the door to the class opens one last time and in walks Professor Lupin, with an amused smirk on his face.