Chapter 24 Home Sweet Home.

It didn't take them long to find Harry. He was in the process of saying goodbye to Hermione and the Weasleys. When the Weasley's saw Sirius they congratulated him for being exonerated and for getting custody of Harry, Sirius thanked them both.

Sirius put his arm around Harry and started leading him away when Arthur caught up with them, “Oh, Sirius, I'd like to ask you if it would be alright if Harry attends the Quidditch World Cup with us later this summer?”

“I'm not sure, Arthur, the pup, Remus and I are going on vacation in New York, and I don't know when we'll be back.”

“We are?” Harry asked.

“Yes, we are. We'll be leaving in a week.”

“Oh, well if you come back by August perhaps Harry can go with us?”

“If we return by then I don't see why not,” Sirius tells Arthur.

“Excellent. Well, Harry, have a good summer and hopefully, we'll see you in August.”

“Okay, Mr. Weasley, have a nice summer all of you.”

“Have a nice summer, Harry.” They all tell him as they leave Kings Cross station.

“So where to now?” Harry asks.

“We'll go to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner then head back to Grimmauld Place for the night.”

“Grimmauld Place?”

“It's the ancestral home of the Black family that I inherited when my parents died. Dismal place, but hopefully we can have that changed by the end of the summer.”

After dinner, Remus, Sirius, and Harry made their way to 12 Grimmauld Place which could only be seen by wizards. Sirius said the password and they went inside. As soon they went inside he changed the password. He looked at Harry and whispered for him to be quiet and then they made their way into the kitchen.

“Why did I need to be quiet?”

“Because we didn't want to wake the portrait of my dearly departed mother. She would have started shrieking.”

Once in the kitchen, Sirius called for Kreacher. The house-elf popped into the kitchen, “Blood traitor Master Sirius has returned home. Mistress will be so disappointed to know her good for nothing son has returned.”

“That's it, I've had it with you, Kreacher, If you continue with this attitude I will give you clothes!”

Kreacher's eyes widen and he threw himself at Sirius, “No, Master Sirius, Kreacher will be more respectful to Master Sirius.”

“Fine, I'll give you one more chance, but if you slip up It's a sock for you.”

“Thank you, Master Sirius.”

“Now, I want you to have this place clean by the time we get back from our vacation. I realize that it's a great deal of work for you so I'll get you some help.”

“Sirius, I know exactly who can help Kreacher. Dobby can help.”

At the mention of his name, Dobby popped into the kitchen, “Did the Great Harry Potter call Dobby?”

Sirius and Remus looked at each other and laughed, Harry glared at them. “Yes, Dobby, how would you like a job helping Sirius Black renovate Grimmauld Place? That is, of course, if Sirius is willing to pay you.”

Sirius looked at the house-elf in wonder, “You're a free elf?”

“Yes, Mr. Sirius Black, sir, Dobby be a free elf.”

Sirius thought for a moment, “I don't see why not, how about 10 Galleons a week and off on the weekends?”

“No, sir, Mr. Sirius Black, that be too much. Dobby would like two Galleons a week and one day off a month.”

Sirius looked at Remus and Harry. Harry just shrugged and nodded, “Alright, Dobby, if that's what you want.”

Dobby smiled and nodded his head making his bat-like ears flap, “What would Mr. Sirius Black like Dobby to do?”

“Clean this place from top to bottom, Kreacher will help you, get rid of everything Slytherian and replace it with more Gryffindor colors but in a more grownup way. Get rid of the troll leg table and all the elf heads. We'll be gone the entire summer, so you'll have the whole house to yourself.”

Dobby nods, “Dobby can do that. He will have the house ready by the time you and the Great Harry Potter's return.”

“Oh, and if you can, get rid of my mother's portrait.”

“Dobby can do that.” After that, they all went upstairs to go to bed.

Meanwhile, the Blackbird was in the process of crossing the Atlantic making their way to Westchester, New York. Storm was piloting the Blackbird while the others sat in the back either talking or reading. Further, in the back of the plane, Alina sat by herself staring out the window. Every now and Logan and her friends would look back at her to see if she was alright.

When they arrived at the mansion, Dylan, Maxine and Samantha's parents were waiting for them inside the hanger. Charles is also there to greet his daughter. When the quartet gets off the plane they rush to their parents and are greeted warmly with hugs and kisses.

“I can't believe you all have graduated.” Dylan's mother says.

“It seems like only yesterday you all were meeting for the first time on your way to Ilvermorny.” Maxine's mother adds as she tears up.

“This calls for a celebration. Tonight we'll head out to New York City and celebrate!” Samantha's dad declares.

“That's a wonderful idea, Dad, but first it was a long flight and I'm sure we'd all like to get some rest first.”

The others agree and decide that they'll meet up in Dragon Alley and from there head into New York at around 7:00. After that, the kids were going to be allowed to go out on their own.

“Alright then now that that's settled we'll see you all later.” Dylan's dad says.

With that, the others apparate home.

The whole time the plans were being made Alina just stood there next to her father after she hugged him. Charles looks up at his daughter, he knows her well enough to know that something is wrong, “My Lamb, are you feeling well?”

“Yes, Daddy, I'm just a little tired,” Alina says with a sigh, “But I would like to talk with you before we meet up with the others.”

“That's fine, Alina, after you've rested come find me in my office.”

Alina nods and kisses her father. She leaves with Alek following behind her. Charles looks at Logan and Ororo for answers. Ororo sighs, “Apparently Alina had a boyfriend and he broke up with her.”

“Yeah she's pretty devastated about it,” Logan adds.

“My poor baby. I'll see what I can do for her when she talks to me later.”

The two X-Men nod and follow Charles out of the hanger.