Chapter 9 Classes

The rest of the month went by without incident, the quartet were doing very well in all of their classes. They were doing very well in there Transfigurations class. They were all doing well in their Potions class, much to Snape's displeasure, Alina, and the others were at the top of the class. On one particular day, Snape prepared a special potion.

"Alright class settle down, can anyone tell me what potion I have brewed today?"

The potion has a distintive for its mother-of -pearl color, and the steam rises from it in spirls. Alina raises her hand to answer, Snape rolls his eyes and calls upon her.

"The potion is Amortentia, Professor."

"Correct, can anyone tell me what it smells like."

"Amortentia smells different to each person, depending on what attracts them." A Ravenclaw girl answers.

"Correct, five points to Ravenclaw."

"Now that we know what it is, we will have a demonstration. Miss. Xavier, I want you to come up and smell the Amortentia and tell us what you smell." Snape tells Alina with a sneer, he was going to get her back one way or another and it seemed that emabarassing her was the best way.

Alina stood up and went to the front of the class, she took a big whiff of the potion. She hesitates to say what she smelled

"What do you smell, Xavier?"

She leaned in again and smelled it. "I smell the forest, chocolate and…" She smelled again. "Dog fur."

The class laughs and Alina turned bright red. Snape raises an eyebrow at this, it made him a little suspicious. His eyes narrow as he looks at her.

"Thank you Miss Xavier, you may sit down."

She quickly takes her seat next to Dylan, who is staring at her. She puts her head down on the  table and lets out a groan.

"Were you describing who I think you were?" Dylan whispers.

"I don't know, maybe, I hope not." Alina whispers back, her cheeks turning red again.

"Do you think anyone will figure it out?" She asks him.

"I don't think so, though Snape looked a little suspicious when you described it."

When she looked up, Snape was staring at her.

"Let's go on with the class." Snape said as he called another girl up to smell the potion.

The class  couldn't end quick enough for Alina, she just wanted to get as far from Snape as possible. Their next class was Herbology,  then Ancient runes. They had lunch after that, which was pretty uneventful, afterward they had Charms class, and finally double Defense Against the Dark Arts. Alina was so looking forward to that class, she couldn't wait to see the Professor.

She stopped short at that thought, 'Why would I be looking forward to seeing Pofessor Lupin?' She shook her head and continues to class. When she gets there, she discovers that all the chairs have been taken out of the room, she looked around confused, what were they going to do today?

Professor Lupin comes into the classroom and explains what  going on.

"From the confused look on your faces, I'm sure some of  you are wondering what we're going to do today. Today we are going to duel, I want everyone to pair up."

Maxine and Dylan, of course, of course paired up. But what was surprising is that Oliver Wood asks Samantha to be his partner, she blushes and  accepts his offer. Everyone was already paired off, that left Alina without a partner.