Chapter 25 Graduation Celebration

As soon as Alina walked out of the hanger, she teleported to her room. She wanted to avoid as many people as she could. Alina just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. She locked the door to her room and collapsed on her bed. A little while later, Alek appeared and got on the bed with her. He whined and pushed his head under her arm, and she hugged him tightly reveling in the warmth of the Dire Wolf.

As she hugged him, tears slowly began to run into his fur. Alek turned his head and licked her face; she smiled at the wolf and kissed his snout, “Thank you, boy.”

After a while, she and Alek fell asleep. Alina woke up a few hours later still hugging the wolf, she looked at the clock and decided to get ready for dinner. She made her way to her bathroom to shower and change. Once Alina was ready, Alina decided it was time to talk to her father and tell him what had happened. This situation was not something that she could keep from him for long.

Putting on her shoes, Alina left her room and went to Charles' office, “Come in, My Lamb,” Charles tells her. Alina takes a deep breath and walks in.

Charles is sitting behind his desk, filling out some paperwork. Alina stands there and waits patiently for her father to finish, he looks up and her and smiles, “Please, love, sit down. I'll be with you in a moment.”

Alina gives him a sad smile and sits down on the sofa. Once Charles is finished, he wheels out from behind his desk and comes up next to Alina. He takes her hand in his, “Now what did you want to talk about?”

Alina takes a deep breath and opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. She tries again but nothing. Charles waits patiently for his daughter to speak. Suddenly her eyes begin to well with tears, and she launches herself at her father. Charles hugs her tightly as she begins to sob into his shoulder.

“Oh, My Lamb, does this have to do with the boy that broke up with you?”

Alina can't speak, so she touches Charles' temple and shows him everything that happened. Charles watches as everything plays out in his head. He would have been angry, but he can tell that his daughter loves this man and he can't bring himself to reprimand her for it when Alina finishes showing Charles what happened.

Charles sighs, “Oh, My Dear, I'm so sorry this happened to you,” Charles tells his only child and hugs her to him tightly, “But in all honesty, a relationship between you and this man was very inappropriate.”

“I know it was, Dad, and it wasn't like I planned on falling in love with my professor. It just happened.”

Alina stands up and begins to pace the room, “I should have known better than to believe that Remus could truly love me. He probably thought I was just some childish girl that he could take advantage of me. I mean he never actually said that he loved me in the first place. I'm so stupid!”

“No, you're not, my dear. Remus was the first man you ever care about, and unfortunately, you had to learn the hard way that he was not the right person for you.”

“Will the pain go away?”

“In the time it will, My Lamb. Unfortunately, this will not be the last time you experience such pain. It may take a long time before you meet the right man.”

“I was afraid you were going to say that,” Alina says with a sigh.

“In the meantime, we have your graduation to celebrate. Why don't you get ready and we will head out to meet the others?”

Alina smiled, “Alright, let me go get ready.”

Once she and the other's are ready, they all head out to New York to meet up with the other in Dragon Alley. When they arrive, Dylan, Maxine, and Samantha, along with their parents, have already arrived. They greet each other warmly then head out into the City.