Chapter 8 A Visit Home

The quartet went back to the girls room where they started on their homework. They had been working in peace for a  while when suddenly Alina puts her quill down.

"I can't take this anymore."

"Take what?" Maxine asks.

"I can't take sitting here and not knowing if Logan's okay."

The other three look at each other, "Then go home." Dylan tells her.

"Yeah, you think I should?"

"Yeah! Especially if it's bugging you so much you can't study." Maxine tells her.

"You guys wouldn't mind if I left you for a while."

"No, dude go." Dylan tells her.

"Okay I'll be back then." With that she vanished, the others went back to studying.

She appeared inside her bedroom at the mansion, she immediately leaves and goes straight to her father.

"Dad, I'm home!" Alina says as she runs through the mansion to her dad's office, the door swings open.

"Alina, what are you doing home?" Charles asks her

"I came to check up on you guys, is everything okay?

"Yes, my dear, everything is fine, why do ask?"

"I had a little trouble with a boggart in class today and I had to come see if you're alright." Charles nods, the last time that happened, he had to hypnotize her to get her over her fear of snakes.

"Ah, was it the snakes again?"

"Not exactly." she then showed him what happened.

"Well, my angel, I can't cure you of your fear of Victor, it's a perfectly logical fear of him and not completely unfounded. But if you need reassurance, Logan is in the Danger Room right now."

Alina smiles at her father, gives him a great big hug and kiss.

"Thanks, Daddy, I'll go down there right now." With one last hug, she dashes out the door on her way to the Danger Room. She runs past Hank who was just leaving his room.

"Slow down, Alina, wait what are you doing back here?"

"Boggart, need to see Logan, I'll talk to you later."

At hearing the word boggart, Hank completely understood.

"Must have been a snake again." Hank says to himself.

He goes into Charles' office.

"I just saw Alina, Charles, is she afraid of snakes again?"

"No Hank much worse and more justified, I'll tell you on our way to Cerebro."

"Cerebro? Why, are we going down there, Charles?"

"I need to know where exactly Sabertooth is at  this moment."

Alina runs down to the Danger Room, briefly saying hello to the people that she would encounter. When she arrived at the Danger Room, Logan was almost finished with his workout. He killed off the last few Sentennals that were left and the program shut off. He picks his jacket up off the floor and tosses it over his shoulder. Once he steps out of the Danger Room, Logan is nearly tackled by someone.

He looks down at the person who has a death grip on him. "Alina? Kid what are you doing here?"

"Boggart at school."

Logan rolls his eyes. "Kid, I told you snakes ain't nothing to be afraid of."

"It wasn't a snake, Logan, it was Victor." Logan growls and his hold on her tightens.