Chapter 19 Time of Good Cheer

The next day Alina woke up bright and early. She went down to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. She started off with a package of bacon and a package of sausage, then using her telekinesis she got out the waffle iron and all the ingredients necessary to make waffles and mixed them all up. It felt good using her mutant powers again and not having to hide them. Next, she got two cartons of eggs and made scrambled eggs for everyone. Once she was finished she telepathically called everyone to breakfast. After plating everything she uses her telekinesis to have everything moved into the dining hall. Slowly everyone begins to trickle into the dining hall and serve themselves breakfast.

As they eat breakfast, Charles announces that they will be heading to New York City to do a little Christmas shopping. The younger children were going to go with Charles, Scott, Jean, and Storm while the older one going to be allowed to go on their own.

"The hell they are, I'm not letting them go anywhere alone, especially these guys," Logan said as he pointed to Alina and Rogue.

Alina and Rogue had a tendency to get into sticky situations whenever they went anywhere alone. It was like they attracted trouble, so Logan wasn't going to take any chances.

Alina turned to Rogue and smirked, "Always my bodyguard," She said causing Rogue to snigger.

Logan glared at her, "Shut up."

Charles could only look at them and shake his head, "Alright since we are in agreement, let's all get ready and head out. We'll meet up at Virgil's Real BBQ in Times Square for lunch." It was the one place that everyone could agree on.

All the children went upstairs and started to get ready, except for Alina. She needed to put the dishes in the dishwasher and she wanted to send a quick note to Remus.

After cleaning up the kitchen, Alina quickly made her way to the family room. Going to the desk in the corner she took a sheet of paper and jotted down a quick note to Remus. Alina goes to the fireplace and throws some floo powder into the fireplace.

Folding the note she calls out, "Professor, Remus Lupin's room Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," The flames turn green and she throws the note in.

Remus was sitting in his chair reading when his fireplace roared to life. He waited to see who was coming through when he saw the note. Recognizing the scent, Remus quickly gets up and snatches the note from the flames.

He brings to the note to his nose and takes a deep breath, enjoying Alina's scent on it. Opening the note, Remus smiles as he reads it.

*Remus,*

*Just wanted to let you know that we arrived safely in New York yesterday. I would have written sooner but we started decorating for Christmas and it got late. I hope you're doing well, I still hate the thought of you being alone during the Christmas Holiday.*

*Have a Merry Christmas and I miss you terribly.*

*Love, Alina*

Remus ran his finger over the last two words and prayed that she actually meant it. Because even though they had been together for only a short time, Remus could feel his feelings for Alina becoming stronger every day. It also didn't help that Moony kept growling in his head that she was his mate.

The thought that Alina could be in love with him thrilled Remus to no end. He read the note one more time before sitting at his desk and pulling out a piece of parchment, He wrote a quick response and sent it through.

Alina was about to walk away from the fireplace, after all, she wasn't expecting a response. But the flames roared to life and a note came out. She grabbed the letter made sure the fire was out and ran to her room. When she got there she locked the door and jumped on her bed snuggling into it in order to savor the note more. Opening the letter it read.