Chapter 22 Secrets Revealed

Alina left Remus' office completely devastated. She swiftly made her way towards the door then teleported back to her room. Upon arriving, she collapsed on her bed and began sobbing into her pillow, that was the way Maxine and Samantha found her.

The girls rush to Alina's side, “Alina, what happened?”

The young woman looked up at her two best friends, her eyes puffy and red, “It's over, Remus doesn't want anything to do with me.”

“What, why?” Samantha asked.

“He said that he was wasting his time being with me seeing that I would be going home after school ended. He didn't see a future.”

“That doesn't make sense, he always knew you would go back home, why would he suddenly change his mind.”

“I don't know, maybe he had time to think about it and decided it was too much of hassle to have a long distance relationship. That I wasn't worth it.”

“That son of a bitch, of course, you're worth it,” Samantha tells her best friend.

“It doesn't matter anymore, it's over and there's nothing I can do about it. He told me that I'm his student and he is my professor nothing more nothing less.”

“That bastard!” both girls say at the same time.

“He's got to pay for hurting you,” Maxine says.

“Maybe we should tell Logan. He'll kick the shit out of him.” Samantha says with an evil smirk.

“No, he won't. I think Logan expected something like this to happen. Besides, no matter how upset I am, I really don't want Remus beaten to death.”

“What do you plan on doing?"

Alina took a shuttering breath, “I plan to lie her and mourn the loss of the man I love for a while. Eventually, come to terms with it. Finish out the year and go home.”

“And we'll be here every step of the way,” Maxine tells her.

“Thank you.”

“Any time.” Both girls crawl on the bed getting on either side of Alina and held her tight while she grieved.

Eventually, the girls told Dylan what happened and it took a full body bind to stop him from going out and beating the shit out Remus for hurting his best friend. The three friends spent the weekend locked in the girls' dorm with Alina comforting her and making sure she ate. They had the house-elves bring them their meals since Alina was in no condition to go down to the Great Hall for meals. This did not go unnoticed.

Remus sat at the head table and noticed that the American students had yet to make an appearance in the Great Hall the entire weekend. His heart broke at the thought that he had caused his love so much pain.

‘It's for the best,’ He thought. Remus may have thought that but it still didn't mean it didn't hurt.

When Monday rolled around, everyone noticed that Alina had completely changed. She was no longer the joyful person she was before, instead, she was closed off and depressed. She hardly talked to anyone, she didn't participate in any of her classes. She would only answer if she was called upon and even then her answers were short and devoid of any enthusiasm. During lunch, she hid away in the kitchen alone. The elves fussed over her trying to get her to eat, but she ended up just having a piece of bread and juice.

Up in the Great Hall, the 7th year Gryffindors were worried about their American friend. Dylan explained that she had received some bad news over the weekend and she was grieving. They all assumed it had something to do with her family and decided not to ask any questions.