Chapter 17 Going Home For the Holidays

The next day, Alina gets up early to go running with Alek. They do their laps around the Quidditch pitch. Once she finished with her run, she goes upstair to take a shower. By the time she finished her shower, Maxine and Samantha are up. They each take their turn in the bathroom, coming out ready for the day. They head down to the common room where they sit and wait for Alina to tell them what happened.

"We had a lovely dinner, afterwards we sat on his sofa and he read me poetry, kissed a little then I fell asleep."

"That's it, no heavy make out session?" Maxine asks.

"Nope, a simple dinner and a pleasant evening by the fire."

"You guys are boring." Maxine tells her best friend.

"No, we're taking things slow, we haven't been together that long, Max. I'm not rushing into anything with him just yet, besides I may be legal in the wizarding world, but I'm not in the real world."

"Actually you are, Legal consent is 17."

"You know I'd rather wait til I'm not in school to pursue that type of relationship with Remus, it would make things a lot easier on both of us I think."

"Yeah you're probably right. Well I think we should head down for breakfast and then come back to pack, I don't want to miss the train." Samantha tells them

Alina bites her lip, "Actually, I'm going to have breakfast with Remus and give him his Christmas present."

"Both girls sigh and roll their eyes, "Fine we'll cover for you." Samantha tells her best friend.

"Thank you so much,"

With that, Alina grabs her gift and makes her way towards Remus' room. She easily avoids all the students and teachers that are in the halls this early in the morning. When her way is blocked, she simply teleports the rest of the way to Remus' door. Knocking quietly, Alina waits for Remus to open the door.

Remus opens the door and quickly yanks Alina into his room, "Darling, what are you doing here so early?"

"Did you forget, love, I was going to drop off your Christmas present and you said you wanted to have breakfast before I have to leave."

"That's right, forgive this old man, will you, Darling?"

"Only if you never call yourself old again, you are not old Remus, Professor Dumbledore is old, you are nowhere near that."

Remus laughs and hugs his girlfriend, "Alright, no more old jokes. Let me call an elf so we can have breakfast."

And just like that a large array of food appeared on Remus' table. Alina served herself some French Toast with strawberries and whipped cream and a little bit of eggs and bacon. While Remus had pancakes, blood sausage, Kippers and eggs. They enjoyed their breakfast together and once it was over Alina pulled out a box from her pocket.

"Merry Christmas, Remus." She tells him as she hands him the box.

Remus blushes as he takes the Christmas present from her.

"I didn't get you anything, Darling." Remus says a little ashamed.

"That's alright, it's better to give than to receive, now it's up to you if you want to open it now or on Christmas morning."

"I'll open it now, while you're here with me."

Remus rips the paper off and opens the box. Inside is a beautiful silver pendant in the shape of a wolf. A little bit of panic rushes over Remus for a moment, thinking that maybe Alina knows his secret. He clears his throat and looks at her, giving her his best smile.

"I thought you could have a little piece of me with you when I'm not around, since my animagus is a wolf and so is my familiar." Alina tells him.

Relieve floods his body as he realizes that he's mistaken. Remus pulls her into a hug and gives her a long deep kiss.

"I love it, thank you. I'm only sorry I didn't get you anything."

Alina sighs, "That kiss more than made up for, it Remus and you don't have to give me anything. Your heart is what matters most to me," She says as she places a hand over his heart.

They hold each other for a while longer, until Remus notices the time.

"Darling, I think it's time you head back to Gryffindor Tower. I am assuming that you have to still pack for your trip home."

"No, don't want to leave you, but you're right I still need to pack. Oh, Remus, I hate to leave you here all alone." Alina says with a pout.

"I know you do, but I won't be alone. There will be other Professors here to keep me company along with Harry. You don't have to worry, go on and have fun with your father and family."

Alina nods, then kisses him one last time. Remus walks her to his bedroom door and shows her out. Alina teleports to her dorm where the others are already packing.

"Did you have a nice breakfast with Remus?" Samantha asks.

"Yes I did, thank you."

"Well I'm glad to hear that, now hurry up and pack before we miss the train and you have to teleport us to London." Maxine tells her best friend.

"Okay I'll get right on it."

Using her telekinesis, Alina waved her hand and began packing up all her belongings into her trunk, in just a few moments she was finished. Once the girls were packed and Maxine and Samantha's familiars put in their carriers, the girls and Alek headed downstairs to meet Dylan at the main gate. From there they took a carriage to Hogsmeade station where the boarded the Hogwarts Express and headed back to London.

When they arrived at King's Cross Station five hours later they were greeted by Professor Xavier, and Logan. Once Alek saw Logan he tore off towards the man and jumped at him, making the burly man stumble back.

"Get down ya big brute, I missed you too." Logan said as he scratched behind the Dire Wolf's ear. Alek then moves on to Charles, and Storm gently licking each of them in greetings.

Logan huffs, "Oh sure, nearly kill me but you're gentle with them."

Alek lets out what can only be described as a wolfy laugh.

By this time the teenagers have arrived with their belongings and greet the adults. Alina rushes towards Logan, jumping into his arms and gives him a great big bear hug. But as she hugs him, he gets a whiff of wolf on her and it isn't Alek. His eyes narrow but he doesn't say anything.

"I missed you, Kid." Logan says as he puts her down.

"Missed you too, Old Man."

"Didn't that school teach you any manners?"

"Nope, not at all."

"Good." Logan says with a laugh.

Alina then goes and hugs her father, "Hello, Daddy, I missed you so much."

"Hello, My Lamb, I missed you as well. How did the rest of the term go for you?"

"Very well, Daddy, no more incidents and of course we four are at the top of our class."

"Very good."

"Where's Storm, I thought she was going to come?" Alina asked.

"She stayed behind with the Blackbird at a local park." Her father explains.

After everyone exchanges pleasantries, they head out of King's Cross towards the park where the Blackbird is under a cloaking device. After greeting Storm everyone gets in and they fly back to the United States.