Chapter 5

I find myself sitting in between Cole and his friend Tyson. Cole has his arm wrapped tightly around my shoulder, as he continuously looks around the cafeteria, obviously looking for Chloe. Everyone was just talking about who knows what. I felt kind of awkward since I'm basically the only girl in the group so I can't really relate to what they talk about. And aside from that, I'm starting to miss sitting with Emily during lunch.

"Hey Cole" I speak up.

"What?" He says talking a bite from his pizza, eyeing me curiously.

"Will it... be okay if Emily sits with us?" I feel my cheeks heat up a bit, slightly nervous with what his answer will be. Cole smiles and nods "Of course, you're probably already sick of hearing football all the time with these guys"

The other guys hear this and pretend to look hurt, I quickly shake my head "No, that's not what I meant. You guys are awesome, I just miss my best friend." I say quickly, hoping they don't get the wrong idea.

"Jean, it's okay. Your best friend is more than welcome to sit with us." Brandon laughs "As long as she's not a bitch" He adds, the rest of the guys agreeing.

"Oh, no she's not like that at all" I say.

"Anyways, who is she?" Tyson asks curiously, and interested look on his face. "Is she hot?" He laughs along with the other guys.

"Oh yeah, she's super hot" Emily could use a man in her life right now. She's been going on and on about wanting someone to love her and give her chocolates or roses. She's actually the romantic type and believes everything she sees at those sappy romance films. Who knows, maybe she could find the perfect guy for her in Cole's group of friends.

"Yeah but you're probably hotter than her, babe." Cole says to me resting his head on my shoulder, he moves his arm to my waist and squeezes me closer to him. Surprised by his actions, I try to play along. I'm honestly not used to this kind of treatment since I've never actually been in a serious relationship. I'm not used to all the compliments, the pet names, being assisted to every class, holding hands, and the PDA. Although this is a fake relationship, sometimes I can't help but blush a little when Cole does things like these to me. It's probably only because it's my first time experiencing these types of things, and I know it's wrong but something about it makes me crave for more.

"Hey, you're watching my practice later, right?" Cole asks. I totally forgot about this. I remember Cole reminding me a few times but it keeps slipping out of my head. "You forgot didn't you." Cole frowns and sighs, shaking his head. He gets up looking hurt and walks to the vending machine. All the other guys become quiet and stare at me. "Hold on a sec" I say quickly and follow Cole.

"Cole, I'm sorry" He's not minding me. I didn't think that he'd be this upset about me forgetting about watching his practice. Was it that important to him? In all honesty, being upset over something this small is so petty. I hear him let's out a long sigh as he is still undecided what to get from the vending machine.

"Cole" I say again, but this time I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. I feel his breathing hitch a bit, probably surprised from what I did. "Look, I'm sorry I forgot. I didn't even think it would affect you this much but it's part of the contract so I'm still gonna watch even if I didn't want to." Still nothing. Wow, I apologize and everything but he still doesn't mind me. I sigh and let go of him "Fine, keep ignoring me." I start walking away when I feel my hand being grabbed. Before I know it, I am quickly pulled into Cole's chest, a big grin on his face. He wraps his arms around me tightly "you're cute when you get upset." I roll my eyes at his response. We both walk back to the table, and I could feel a lot of people watching our every step.